The gun nut thread

Bourbon

Are here other gun nuts in the forums?

If so whats your background in firearms? 

How did you get into the hobby?

Where are you from and how are the gun laws?

Your favorite gun/guns?

As for me:

I am a gunsmith apprentice in germany. 

I started my hobby young with airguns and then transitioned from rimfire to centerfire. 

I mostly shoot pistol nowadays but also some rifles and shotguns. 

German gun laws are not great but you can own and shoot semiautomatic pistols and rifles. But its a hassle. 

My favorite gun to own is a '83 Izewsk made makarov pistol. But it is a b***h to shoot. 

My favorite gun to shoot is a glock 19 gen3 its a stock gun exept for the sights because i bougth it used for a bargain price. I might chance the sights back to stock night sights when i start shooting ipsc.

Im exited to hear from fellow gun entusiasts.

My dad taught me how to shoot when I was 12. It was with an ancient bolt action. 22LR Marlin and I fell in love immediately.  I went on to learn how to shoot everything from shotguns to long rifles and pistols. Joined the rifle team in high school and built my first long gun, an AR-15, after I had saved up the money for it.

The gun laws in the states that I've lived in have been pretty good so I've been able to get the weapons that I've wanted.

My favorite guns are the M-4, AR-15 because I'm most familiar with them but I would love to own something interesting like a Tavor.

23 hours ago, weirdpanther said:

Joined the rifle team in high school and built my first long gun, an AR-15, after I had saved up the money for it.

What kind of AR did you build? I myself dont own one, even though i shot many, it is to mainstream for my tastes ;) No offence to your choice, it is the best option, but not the coolest. A Tavor would be a cool bulpup, have you heard of the MDR bulpup from destert tech?

Archived