Reloaded

nasKo

23 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

oh, apologies. We were under the impression people wanted us to delay it as long as we possibly could. :P we've obviously been trying to get it out there as soon as possible. We also said upfront before this build it's a massive rewrite of the entire game and will take a long time. People keep using this 'lose interest' like some kind of warning. If people are impatient and annoyed, we'd MUCH prefer them to lose interest, and then find interest at some point in future when they find out its out. Interest in the form of being annoyed and complaining the build isn't out yet is of no benefit to us whatsoever, there are plenty of other games in the meantime to sink your teeth into.

As said in the thursdoid, we're down to our last 'big thing that needs to go in', while nothing is certain the dates you said are perfectly plausable for IWBUMs, its certainly nowhere near another year.

I said not to be a dick but looks like I came out a dick :(:(

2 hours ago, Burleon said:

I said not to be a dick but looks like I came out a dick :(:(

Yes. It's exceedingly rare that "no offense\not to be a dick" makes something less offensive. It's usually better to reword your sentence to not need it or just let it go. This is especially true online, where it's usually used sarcastically.

I wonder if this is unique to English or not. Lol

Edit: https://geraldinerenton.com/no-offense-but/ this illustrates The Dilemma pretty well.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, Iamnotasurvivor said:

I don't know, I think it will be too much of micromanagement, so I probably oppose it, but its my honest opinion.

But we've explicitly said, and I've replied as such, that the goal is there is less clicking and micromanagement over what you currently have, so please explain how you feel its too much micromanagement? Perhaps we've not explained it properly or missed something?

So the inventory will be a "big one" that you can increase or decrease with bags, jackets, pockets and so one, and it will work as a whole, i love it :D

On the hand bag thing, i think will be good that if you equip a container on a hand, the hand icon will stay active and the container will be below the hand, so you have quick access to the container to put the bat in the bag, and also the hand, to equip the bat, and put the container where the bat came from, if the container cant fit anywhere, having a container and a weapon on the same hand will diminish your combat skills until you do something or drop it on the ground.

mockup.jpg.8db6d86d56d2f4e9f1224bb5bd56497d.jpgThis is my idea showing one hand with the bag, and the other hand with a hammer.

Thanks for the work and love you guys put in the game :)

Hello, i'm really liking the updates on the build so far, but i got a question.

Is there a date when the new test build is coming out?

I would like to know if this update is coming this year at least, i remember that i stopped playing PZ because the animations and combat was not something that i enjoyed, and seeing the progress of the build by the blog and forums makes me wanna play it again.

8 hours ago, RustedBR said:

Hello, i'm really liking the updates on the build so far, but i got a question.

Is there a date when the new test build is coming out?

I would like to know if this update is coming this year at least, i remember that i stopped playing PZ because the animations and combat was not something that i enjoyed, and seeing the progress of the build by the blog and forums makes me wanna play it again.

I'd say putting aside anything catastrophic popping up, definitely this year. ;)

"In the current version of PZ, the code that makes up the reloading system is huge. It became a problem for both ourselves and modders to make changes"

Uh... apologies. In my defence my coding has got a lot better. :oops:

18 minutes ago, Stormy said:

"In the current version of PZ, the code that makes up the reloading system is huge. It became a problem for both ourselves and modders to make changes"

Uh... apologies. In my defence my coding has got a lot better. :oops:

Haha - great to see you mate :D

Don't worry you're not the only one who had a hand in it all I'm sure

(In times like this it's best to blame RJ tbh)

EDIT: Also check your PMs!

On 7/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, Oblivionburn said:

That inventory idea reminds me a lot of NEO Scavenger:

1000?cb=20141014165936

Such inventory systems make you consider priority of value since the space is very limited, and whether to sacrifice carrying a particular item over another. It defines more clearly that you are a character in a world and adds to immersion.

Yeah, totally agree with you on that. Neo Scavenger's inventory system is pure gold, and is one of the most advanced I've ever seen in video games.

But it wouldn't be surprising that PZ's devs take inspiration from this game, as they already did by the past with the healing system ;)

Plus, they do get along well with the dude who developped NS, they even promoted each others game at some point, in the main menu of NS you could see a phrase saying "like survival but with zombies ? Try Project Zomboid !"