Car bugs (Dash Hud Not Showing up in Server)

Sleepcycles

I've tried tor each out to people on the indiestone discord, I've done everything ever article i can find on here to try and fix it and have no idea what i can do to fix it.

whenever i try to toggle the Vehicle Info or Car radial i just get lua errors

Vehicle Info: 
function: onMechanic -- file: ISVechicleMenu.lua line # 395
function: onKeyPressed -- file: ISVehiclemenu.lua line # 969 

Car Radial:
function: showRadialMenu -- file: ISVehicleMenu.lua line # 54
function: onKeyStartPressed -- file: ISUIHandler.lua line # 56

I have no clue how to fix this, or read LUA, I've tried everything I could find about it, I don't know Lua code at all so yeah, maybe i'm an idiot but help would be appreciated

Al mods are disabled, i thought maybe ORGM's settings might be conflicting so i disabled all mods i had, i checked my servers settings for vehicles as well, easy use isn't enabled, i have no idea why this isn't working

radial menu.png

vehiclemenu.png

Have you tried verifying the game as well? Something could have gone wrong in the files and certain errors can be fixed with doing that:
Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Files

Hmm, at this point I would try reinstalling the game in hopes that would fix it.
Before that though, can you go to "Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and grab the "logs.zip" file and upload it here?
Make sure you do this after you get the error again, since those logs only log the last few games and we wouldn't be able to see the error if it wasn't recent.
Those logs should give us the whole console and we can check if there is anything else causing that problem.

I'd try adding the mods back and seeing if it works, before backing up / clearing everything out.

My concern would be that if this were not a new world, and you had some of the modded cars spawn, that their definitions in the save file would no longer exist. Then it may beak the save game format. 

Don't have time to check now, but I'll see if I can break it later this evening.

3 minutes ago, Sleepcycles said:

ive already tried reinstalling, im gonna attempt to add the mods back and see if it works, if not ill uninstall and send the log file

also its a new world, ive been having these issues for a while now until some friends decided to pick it up on the summer sale and wanted to play it, also sorry for the extremely sporadic responses, working while trying to fix this

Edited by Sleepcycles

18 hours ago, Beard said:

Hmm, at this point I would try reinstalling the game in hopes that would fix it.
Before that though, can you go to "Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and grab the "logs.zip" file and upload it here?
Make sure you do this after you get the error again, since those logs only log the last few games and we wouldn't be able to see the error if it wasn't recent.
Those logs should give us the whole console and we can check if there is anything else causing that problem.

here they are, reinstalling the mods didnt work, so

logs.zip

I do see several other mods that can cause a lot of issues with the game enabled in the console. I cannot really tell which ones would do that exactly, but taking them off one by one could fix the problem. Even if the mod doesnt directly edit the cars it can cause trouble.
For example comments in this mod say that it breaks the game, it can be similar to the other trait mods and such:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1428088148

If you start a Sandbox game, you can add as many trait points as you want in the "Character tab", so trait points mods are pretty outdated.

Also, make sure to backup your save game before taking off any mods, so you wont lose any progress if the specific mod wasnt the one breaking the game.
You can go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\One Week Later" (or the specific game mode you picked) and backup the folder with the save name. Then you can put it back if you find the culprit.

17 hours ago, Beard said:

I do see several other mods that can cause a lot of issues with the game enabled in the console. I cannot really tell which ones would do that exactly, but taking them off one by one could fix the problem. Even if the mod doesnt directly edit the cars it can cause trouble.
For example comments in this mod say that it breaks the game, it can be similar to the other trait mods and such:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1428088148

If you start a Sandbox game, you can add as many trait points as you want in the "Character tab", so trait points mods are pretty outdated.

Also, make sure to backup your save game before taking off any mods, so you wont lose any progress if the specific mod wasnt the one breaking the game.
You can go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\One Week Later" (or the specific game mode you picked) and backup the folder with the save name. Then you can put it back if you find the culprit.

heres the current modpack list im using with my friends, i just removed a bunch of stuff that said it was conflicting https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1617411787 please pay no mind to the meme-y garbage

Edited by Sleepcycles

I wouldn't know honestly, I haven't tried those mods personally and I haven't had that dashboard bug either. Disabling all mods is usually the first step in figuring out what causes the problem. It might not be that specific mod causing it.

19 hours ago, Beard said:

I wouldn't know honestly, I haven't tried those mods personally and I haven't had that dashboard bug either. Disabling all mods is usually the first step in figuring out what causes the problem. It might not be that specific mod causing it.

thanks for the help, i got it to work now, no errors :D