Black Border of DEATH during MP - HELP needed *please*

Tim Stryker

Question

While playing on a server located in Germany, whilst Im located in central USA, Ive been having constant issues with running into black borders - where the map chunks stop loading / just wont load during the game as Im traveling, ever since the start of the server.

Once Im logged into the server, everything else appears to be fine, but whenever I try to run or drive anywhere, usually within just a few minutes, Ill end up hitting a black border at the edge of the map. It also then completely surrounds me & I cant go back either. Sometimes, if Im lucky, theyll eventually fill in with the map chunks, & I can continue on, but most times, they never do & I have to log out & back in, in order for the map chunks to load properly.

There also appears to be lag & / or desync issues too, where the zed are apparently teleporting & biting / scratching me, but I dont see it until 30-60 seconds later... This all goes down around the time I hit the black borders... its like the server just wants to stop sending me updated game info after a few minutes..?

Between myself & my friend weve invested 10+ hours & 6-7+ hours, respectively, with troubleshooting it. From tweaking in-game settings, to bypassing my router to turning off firewall & antivirus, changing the .bat file to 4gb ram, completely uninstalling & removing all mods & deleting all local files, etc etc etc. Yeah, I also made sure to remove all MP files from old server before starting it again.

Done lots of research on it & lots of other people have been plagued by this over the years, with no real solution that weve found.

Finally, yesterday, I tested on the redboid server & ran from one end of the map to the other on foot & also drove a car at full speed down a long stretch of highway, all with no lag, no cones even & no black borders. Was 30+ minutes with no problems at all, where as, with the other server, Im lucky to travel for more than 5 mins, before I hit the black border of death. Whether its on foot running, or driving.

Ive never had these problems playing on other non-USA servers before.

NONE of the other players on the server seem to be having this issue. There are at times 15 - 20 people online playing & Im sure several of them are from USA also.

All my hardware specs meet or exceed & my internet DL speed is 130 MB/s & upload is 20 MB/s.

Average ping listed on server for me is around 160-ish.

Ran a ping test directly to his server IP via command console & out of 300 packets, ZERO were lost, the highest ping was 122 ms, with an average of 116 ms.

PLEASE, if anyone has any clue about this, or knows a possible solution, or reason why this could be happening, ONLY TO ME, on this one server, but not to anyone else, after Ive done so much exhaustive testing & troubleshooting, Id greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived