White screen during game starting

bulatdog1337

Question

6 answers to this question

Try to disable multi-core in Options. Be sure to press save and fully restart the application.

If you cannot see the options to change them, go to %username%\zomboid\ and open Options.ini. Set bmultithreadedrendering to false.

If that doesn't work try verifying your game files:
Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Files

If that doesn't work either, try disabling the Steam Overlay:

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

On 7/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, Beard said:

Try to disable multi-core in Options. Be sure to press save and fully restart the application.

If you cannot see the options to change them, go to %username%\zomboid\ and open Options.ini. Set bmultithreadedrendering to false.

If that doesn't work try verifying your game files:
Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Files

If that doesn't work either, try disabling the Steam Overlay:

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

It does not help!

2 hours ago, bulatdog1337 said:

It does not help!

Just looking back through the console, it looks like this is a very old computer with a "Graphics media accelerator" which really has been capable of running the game for a number of years. I could be wrong, of course, I'm just going from the driver ID in the console, but are minimum requirement at this point is an HD 4000.

So, either doesn't have enough video RAM to load the textures, or it's the FBOs used for displaying the UI in post build 39. I would try going into the betas section through Gog Galaxy and downloading Build 38 to see if it works.

Archived