How to stop grass/bushes from growing?

ZonaryQuasar

Hi,

I have a few questions about farming.

I planted a few crops next to my house and the bushes and grass growing kinda irritates me. Then, I tried to take the gravel of the driveway to my plantation, hoping that it would prevent the grass/bushes from growing, but it didn't.

So a few questions:

1. Is there any way to prevent the grass/bush from growing? I heard that they don't grow if I place wooden floors, but I don't want to put wooden floors on the outside.
  2. Besides the grass/bushes growing on the gravel, they are also growing in the same tile as the crops. Do I have to remove them for the crop to grow or it doesn't interfere?
  3. It is possible to get dirt from the ground and place inside a house, on the wooden floor? The crops will grow even if there's no sun?

t1i9av9jlz431 (1).jpg

Are you using any mods?  Ive never had bushes or grass grow on my crops so not sure about that one.  

in answer to point 3, yes you can.  If you want them to grow inside the house you have to water them manually (Carrots are actually better grown this way).  Alternatively you can put the soil on the roof or build a platform and they will grow fine up there 

20181217210100_1.jpg

1/2. There are certain bushes that you cannot remove and they will grow on crops ( i think it is a bug). To remive them try few times to remove crops ajd re add it ( i got rid of some like that). When crops are growing nothing else should grow there. And you can remove long grass ( by hands) and bushes ( by axe). Also before you put crops try to remove grass from tile - if something is growin on tile already. They do not grow on woden floor.

3. Yes you can. Also it is good way to manage crops which don't need max water and for growing over winter ( didn't test it yet as but apparently it is legit way to do so)

1 hour ago, stuffger said:

Are you using any mods?  Ive never had bushes or grass grow on my crops so not sure about that one.  

in answer to point 3, yes you can.  If you want them to grow inside the house you have to water them manually (Carrots are actually better grown this way).  Alternatively you can put the soil on the roof or build a platform and they will grow fine up there 

No, no mods at all. But seeing your and pzfreak explanation, I think I know what happened. It must be a bug. When I planted, I made sure I removed all the grass that was already visible on the tiles. But probably the algorithm that spawns the grass/bush, has a initial state where the grass is there, but isn't visible yet. So in the tiles that the grass were already visible, I removed it, and after planted the crops, didn't grow anything again. But on the tiles that I didn't remove anything (because there was no grass visible to remove), the grass or the bushes spawned. 

So what I do? I post this on the Bug reports section or an admin can move this thread (is it's indeed a bug)?

1 hour ago, ZonaryQuasar said:

No, no mods at all. But seeing your and pzfreak explanation, I think I know what happened. It must be a bug. When I planted, I made sure I removed all the grass that was already visible on the tiles. But probably the algorithm that spawns the grass/bush, has a initial state where the grass is there, but isn't visible yet. So in the tiles that the grass were already visible, I removed it, and after planted the crops, didn't grow anything again. But on the tiles that I didn't remove anything (because there was no grass visible to remove), the grass or the bushes spawned. 

So what I do? I post this on the Bug reports section or an admin can move this thread (is it's indeed a bug)?

In my opinion if it is growing on crops it is a bug ( as i don't think that was initial intention) you can create bug report just please be patient. Devs see bugs there but sometimes doesn't respond cause are busy with new animations. I would still make this bug report as it will be easier for devs later to track and fix it. Try to use workarpund for now if possible ( or if you have a sack and shovel dig and pour dirt before planting crops to make it all brown - this should help)

Archived