Mechanics - Basic operations and few tips (Build 40)

pzfreak

Hello,

So i decided to put this small simple guide of what i found out about mechanic skills.

I was playing with this on few playthroughs trying to figure out how skill points are added and what is the fastes way to lvl it up.

This is just my personal impression about mechanics-  if there is anything incorrect in this post let me know - and how i usually approach this in game.

Few things to consider:

1. Skill points are assigned to item per car not to opration itself (so you cannot just readd the same tyre over and over again to lvl it up.

It works more like - this car has this tyre, when you move it to another car it will give you point once, but repeating this opration will not give you small amount of points)

2. You needs lvl 2 mechanics to hotwire cars and lvl 4 to repair engine. higher lvls are to fix different type of cars (heavy duty and after sport).

3. You can do basic operations on heavy duty or sport car without any mechanic skills if you read magazine of how to do it.

4. Tools you need - wrench, lug wrench, jack and screwdriver

Now for fast leveling:

1. Get 2 standard cars in safe location (you will need keyes for them and if you play six months later you will need live battery and gas)

2. Swap seats around (from one car to another one)

3. Swap headlights (yest they give some points as well, so if you have some other light bulbs from radios you can use them as well to get some more points)

4. Remove tyres and swap breaks and suspensions

5. Swap windows and doors around

6. Swap trunk and hood around

7. Lastlsy swap windshields

Those two cars (if you have book for lvl 1-2 mechanic) should lvl you up to Lv2 allowing you to hotwire cars.

From now on is downhill. Just get one more car - ergo you have 4 more operations (you just have to keep track of this).

What i mean by that is if you have 2 cars you can swap part from car on to car 2 and thats it.

If you have 3 cars you can swap parts:

from car 1 to car 2 and 3 (2operations)

from car 2 to car 1 and 3 (2operations)

from car 3 to car 1 and 2 (2operations)

giving total of 6 operations instead of 2.

one more car and you have 12 operations:

car 1 - to car 2,3,4 (3 operations)

car 2 - to car 1,3,4 (3 operations)

car 3 - to car 1,2,4 (3 operations)

car 4 - to car 1,2,3 (3 operations)

This should allow you to get to lvl 4 easly having just 4 cars in place (and 2 keys, othr 2 you can hotwire)

After that you can drop cars on a side and loot engine and fix most of the cars slowly lelving this up.

Hope it helps

On 6/25/2019 at 6:58 AM, Noncuro said:

You don't have to swap parts to level up.

One car is sufficient. Remove and replace each part once a day.

Better begin with crappy cars. You'll break a lot of parts at the beginning.

I think replacing the same part on the same spot will give you just much less xp - i didn't test it over few days though. With two cars ypu can get 2lvl within 2 days ( ever higher lvl take bit longer but i got lv4 within 5 days with 3 cars spending on mechanics 4-5 h daily) 

Archived