Utilizing Zombies in War

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's no secret that zombies can be quite useful when harnessed as a weapon, and this has been shown several times in series' such as The Walking Dead.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think Project Zomboid could really benefit from looking at ways to utilize the zombies as a tool of waging war against other human groups in the game - for multiplayer now and perhaps in the future against NPCs when they come out. Right now you can get away with using things such as alarms to attract hordes to others, and that's great, but some more creative ways of doing it like the ones shown would be really cool, especially for when you're further in the apocalypse. Maybe if the sanitation system becomes more in depth you could even infect someone's water source with a zombie or something like that. But otherwise, some methods like those above would be really awesome to see.

Edited by MrBlue

my problem is that if you are doing that to zombies, then are you are comfortable with the zombies. And i feel that goes against developer the goal of PZ. This isn't how you survive. This is how you died. You shouldn't get comfortable with the zombies.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Daman453 said:

my problem is that if you are doing that to zombies, then are you are comfortable with the zombies. And i feel that goes against developer the goal of PZ. This isn't how you survive. This is how you died. You shouldn't get comfortable with the zombies.

I don't think there's anything comfortable about the human-zombie relationship this feature brings in, particularly if you're on the receiving end of such a threat. If anything it ups the ante. You can already exploit zombies in the base game with alarms, speakers, T.V's etc.  and as such if NPCs were to be in the game, or you were in a multiplayer situation you could sabotage one of their bases. That's something the developers already have in, so I don't think there's an issue with contradicting the developer goal. Furthermore the key to this is adding to the ways people can bring about misfortune upon other people, which isn't something the devs have never explored (if you've played the tech demo with Kate and Bob you'll remember the bandit scene). A big part of a zombie apocalypse, a trope that's been seen in classics like 28 Days Later, is that even when man is at his lowest point, man is still man's greatest threat, and I think this feature exemplifies this perfectly.

Edited by MrBlue