Problem! Local files and accounts ...

Nebula

I guess I do not understand something, but ...
Why can players, after a complete wipe, go to the server without a hitch, having local save files from the previous world, without creating a new character ... even if I completely delete all accounts?
What to do and How to deal with these?

I know about it ... but it is useless ...
users still use their save easily

I checked it myself several times .. everything is saved, location, inventory, experience, etc.

Edited by Nebula

Change the serverID. The only problem there is it'll bounce them to the desktop after displaying a message about the save not being from the server. This means they have to manually delete the files.

It's currently the only way as Project Zomboid is basically a SP game with MP bolted on. Though this might change with a DB for players in the next build, it's not a guarantee it'll make the cut as it's an extensive change to the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 1:58 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Change the serverID. The only problem there is it'll bounce them to the desktop after displaying a message about the save not being from the server. This means they have to manually delete the files.

It's currently the only way as Project Zomboid is basically a SP game with MP bolted on. Though this might change with a DB for players in the next build, it's not a guarantee it'll make the cut as it's an extensive change to the game.

Surprisingly, there is no such variable — the serverID is not in the pzserver.ini file