Game Crashing

Groose

Question

The game continues to stop working/instantly close/load into the game for a moment and than crash, I've tried through the BAT files as I've seen in many guides. I also removed files and verified the integrity of my cache to have them redownload. Also when I try to run the game from run it runs the x64 instance instead of the x32 which is my computers spec. I bought the game and I'd hate to refund it when I know it can work. It worked for five minutes before having a random crash, since I haven't been able to get it working. I also turned my multithreading = false, texturecompression=true, and the old textures are enabled.

download (10).png

9 answers to this question

Yeah, Intel HD 3000 unfortunately. Running out of space when trying to load in all the textures.

Try updating your graphics drivers from Intel's website. Manually download them. Probably won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

This should cover everything else, except mods: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1728701877455400424/

Mods like Hydro craft or map mods can add an absolute ton of textures.

Just now, Groose said:

The game continues to stop working/instantly close/load into the game for a moment and than crash, I've tried through the BAT files as I've seen in many guides. I also removed files and verified the integrity of my cache to have them redownload. Also when I try to run the game from run it runs the x64 instance instead of the x32 which is my computers spec. I bought the game and I'd hate to refund it when I know it can work. It worked for five minutes before having a random crash, since I haven't been able to get it working. I also turned my multithreading = false, texturecompression=true, and the old textures are enabled.

download (10).png

I've been running the x32 exe from the install folder.

Try deleting everything in the Zomboid folder "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" since it started happening when it randomly crashed I assume.

If it crashes again, upload the "console.txt" file from that same folder and the newly created "hs_err_pid" file from your Project Zomboid folder "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid"

Crossing my fingers and trying again, it's sad because it did run for a solid five minutes. SO IT CAN WORK. Do you have any ideas how I could free up more video memory if the drivers update isn't a substantial upstep?

Probably trying to lower as many settings as possible:
Post Processing: No
3D Models: Player Only
3D Corpses: No
Blood Decals: None
Texture Compression: Yes
Double Sized Textures: No
Zoom Levels: Disable 250% and 225%, or even more to gain more FPS
Dynamic Skybox: No
Environment Reflections: No

On 6/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Yeah, Intel HD 3000 unfortunately. Running out of space when trying to load in all the textures.

Try updating your graphics drivers from Intel's website. Manually download them. Probably won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

This should cover everything else, except mods: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1728701877455400424/

Mods like Hydro craft or map mods can add an absolute ton of textures.

Archived