Door Knocking

Hey Guys,

Just a suggestion, it may already be a thing, but would it be a good idea to implement a door knocking system to test if Zombies are active on the other side of the room? If I venture out to my neighbours house after running out of food I think even in an apocalypse scenario I'd knock on the door ( I think I may be too polite to survive such an outbreak come to think of it ) and at least its a preventative measure to stop coming face first with a Zed without first checking who's on the other side.

Thanks for reading!

YGROY

While not a perfect solution for your need, sometimes you can just swing your weapon in the air and a zombie on the other side of the door will hear it. Don't actually hit anything with the weapon, just whiff it through the air. Sometimes if I go into a house, I'll walk a couple steps in, swing my weapon and then count to 10. That usually brings them out of corners or gets them banging on a door they're on the other side of. 

20 hours ago, You've Got Red On You said:

Hey Guys,

Just a suggestion, it may already be a thing, but would it be a good idea to implement a door knocking system to test if Zombies are active on the other side of the room? If I venture out to my neighbours house after running out of food I think even in an apocalypse scenario I'd knock on the door ( I think I may be too polite to survive such an outbreak come to think of it ) and at least its a preventative measure to stop coming face first with a Zed without first checking who's on the other side.

Thanks for reading!

YGROY

i just shout, i do the same when searching houses in case they are lurking in the corners. been caught out by ones hiding in cupboards a few too many times