Does Trapping Work in Winter?

I am aware that you are unable to forage for editable items during the winter months (Nov-Feb) and that fishing is much more difficult as well.  However, I have not read anything about how Trapping works in the winter.  Does anyone know if trapping still works in the winter and if so are there any penalties with the success rate like fishing and foraging?

10 hours ago, soylentgreenfood said:

I am aware that you are unable to forage for editable items during the winter months (Nov-Feb) and that fishing is much more difficult as well.  However, I have not read anything about how Trapping works in the winter.  Does anyone know if trapping still works in the winter and if so are there any penalties with the success rate like fishing and foraging?

Not sure, tbh. Can you do an update once you find out? ;) 

Yes you can and winter doesn't affect it at all, at least from my personnal experience winter changed nothing with birds

I would guess that trapping should be easier in the winter because there is less food around for the animals. Therefore they would be more likely to be attracted to the food in the trap. Although some birds would migrate and squirrels forage less in winter.

Thanks everyone!  I'll give it a test once I start my new game today and let you know although it may be awhile since ill be starting in july lol.  Thank you Axezombie for the feedback.  Trojan_Turps you make a good point I am hoping the developers think the same way as you do about trapping!

I think trapping works in the winter but I think bird trapping shouldn't be a thing in the winter since birds in real life would be flying south for the winter since most birds that can fly.  I think in the winter time Bird chirping/ singing sound effects should be disabled during the winter since those birds should not be available during winter.

Since the bird in PZ is based off the American robin those birds  would fly south for the winter.

Archived