Hosted server issues

Gretschory

Question

So I have kind of a weird problem.

When I activate the "Hydrocraft" Mod on my hosted server, everytime I try to start and load in it gets to the "the end times blabla" but then gives me the error "File does not exist on client media/scripts/floppys.txt" 

Now before everyone cries "Mod issue":

I can start the same combination of mods in SinglePlayer and can join other servers with the same combination of mods. So it is a local issue and I can't figure it out.

6 answers to this question

The error basically checks if the client and mod have the same files (which they should since you are the host) but for some reason they find a file thats not on the client. You can follow that path to the file and try to delete it, or if the file is in a mod folder, you can unsubscribe from that mod and restart Steam, then subscribe again to redownload all the items.

11 hours ago, Beard said:

The error basically checks if the client and mod have the same files (which they should since you are the host) but for some reason they find a file thats not on the client. You can follow that path to the file and try to delete it, or if the file is in a mod folder, you can unsubscribe from that mod and restart Steam, then subscribe again to redownload all the items.

I actually did this multiple times. It is absolutely weird. I even reinstalled the whole game. I can't even start a new server. Only join other servers

7 hours ago, Gretschory said:

I actually did this multiple times. It is absolutely weird. I even reinstalled the whole game. I can't even start a new server. Only join other servers

Are you using a hosted server service?  If so which one?

Well, you can try the full file checking routine and restart then:
- Delete everything in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" EXCEPT the "Saves" folder, as thats where your saved files are located.
- Verify your game files: Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Files
- Unsubscribe from all the mods that you have and restart Steam

Also, check if you have any mods enabled on your server as well, I would just try to make a new settings file to see if it runs. Its in the Host menu on the top called "Manage Settings". There you can create a new settings file and then select it to start the server with. It will give you a fresh map as well.

3 hours ago, Gretschory said:

So I have kind of a weird problem.

When I activate the "Hydrocraft" Mod on my hosted server, everytime I try to start and load in it gets to the "the end times blabla" but then gives me the error "File does not exist on client media/scripts/floppys.txt" 

Now before everyone cries "Mod issue":

I can start the same combination of mods in SinglePlayer and can join other servers with the same combination of mods. So it is a local issue and I can't figure it out.

I would delete the hydrocraft mod file.  on your client.  Unsub in the client mod . Unsub from it on Steam and then delete your 108600.acf file.  That will force a fresh download to your computer.  Should match up your files. 

Or you can just copy over the missing script file, to your mod file on your client.

17 hours ago, Zombie#24 said:

I would delete the hydrocraft mod file.  on your client.  Unsub in the client mod . Unsub from it on Steam and then delete your 108600.acf file.  That will force a fresh download to your computer.  Should match up your files. 

Or you can just copy over the missing script file, to your mod file on your client.

You're talking about the workshop .acf file right? because otherwise I would have to download the game again or at least "check for it"

Okay did it. Still when I host the server it crashes with the aforementioned message. Singleplayer and other servers still work flawless. I am just unable to join my hosted server. 

Is there a possibility it is something my character has in his inventory?

Archived