Unreachable items and Corpses within transparencies PZ 40.43 GOG

eldergamer

I've noticed that items and corpses within the transparencies of things like trees can not be selected. For example in the image provided I'm trying to grab a corpse within the transparency of a tree so I can bury it but I can't select it. I've tried clicking everywhere on the corpse to select it but no joy.

This also holds true for items on the ground within transparencies as well. Short of cutting down the tree there just doesn't seem to be a way to select them within a transparency.

Just wanted to pass that on.

Eldergamer

Unreachable items and corpses within transparencies.png

For items it is pretty easy, just use the floor icon, but for anything else I think you are right.

If we could right click on the corpse icon then have an option "grab" it could be nice.

or maybe by using the feature to move furniture

19 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

If we could right click on the corpse icon then have an option "grab" it could be nice.

or maybe by using the feature to move furniture

Pretty sure that you can just drag and drop the corpse in your inventory. It'll then be toted up on your shoulder.

Though that is inconsistent with the other mechanics, so either I'm wrong or it's not very intuitive. 

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Pretty sure that you can just drag and drop the corpse in your inventory. It'll then be toted up on your shoulder.

Though that is inconsistent with the other mechanics, so either I'm wrong or it's not very intuitive. 

I don't think it works like that, corpses act like containers and you can't take containers like that, except for bags.

Someone should try, I'm too lazy to do it right now :)

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I gave it a try but Axezombie was right. The game doesn't let you drag and drop corpses. Even if you could I don't think it would work in this case. It seems when corpses are in the transparent part of a tree it's like they are behind a barrier. They don't register. Like I said the only solution seems to be to cut down the tree then you can select them like any other corpse.

I should also point out that this bug doesn't apply to items or corpses that are partially in the transparent zone. The item or corpse must be fully within the transparency for this bug to occur. If any part of the item or corpse is outside the transparency you can simply click on the part that is outside to select it.

Eldergamer

Edited by eldergamer
additional information

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe adding R.click option to inventory place where are bags could be solution for this kind of problems?

Like when you come close to this corpse - in inventory windows there will be icon of zombie and shows his clothes - if we could r.click on that icon and grab it from there - it would be workaround to grab for containers behinf obstacles (like trees).

Edited by pzfreak
chubby fingers