When Will We See Visible Backpacks?

Spectre

Hey, so I've owned the game since 2016 and have played about 150 hours. It didn't take long for the fact that there are no visible backpacks to start to bother me, but I learned to ignore it. Over time, it started like a tiny itch. Small at first, then reaching the point where it totally unbearable. The fact that my character is carrying like 100 pounds of stuff in his jean pockets is a total immersion breaker. For such a deep game with so much content and constant updates, I find it to be absolutely unbelievable that something like this would be overlooked for so long.  It's subconsciously irritating to the point where I don't even play the game anymore, even though I really want to.

I looked for answers about this on Google before making this post and found people complaining about the exact same thing as long as SIX YEARS AGO. I even found a post in the suggestions forum with a poll asking players if they feel we should have visible backpacks. 97.82% of people agreed that this feature should be added. 47 to 1.. I would just post this in that forum, but I can't post there for some reason. So here it is. And here come the flame responses, but I honestly don't care who disagrees with me. Something simply had to be said. I know it's in the works, but I'm just wondering what the ETA is on this feature so I can go back to enjoying possibly the only zombie game worth playing.

Cheers

Gaming before 2012 or so would have blown your mind if something as simple as not having a visual representation of your backpack results in this sort of reaction.

Which is a shame, since the Golden Age of gaming from the 90s and early 00s has an absolute ton of games that do not have a one-to-one representation of your character either do to hardware or artist limitations, especially in indie games.

I think a game like this would benefit more from the smaller attention to details than many other kinds, and I have long wanted more accurate/interesting character appearances in this game. It has never truly bothered me, but I think it would be a great addition. And as been said, the vast majority of people seem to agree.

I mean, a game that (as an option) requires you to not only manually load each bullet into a magazine, but then to insert the mag *and* pull back the slide all as separate actions? Even the what is probably the most widely played hardcore military sim game out there, Arma 3, doesn't let you reload individual rounds into a magazine or work your slide. To think of that level of detail but you can't see a backpack is kind of funny to think about.

I am by no means knocking it for having that as an option, and as a gun enthusiast with a collection and as a gamer that appreciates attention to detail, I think it's awesome. It's just kind of odd when you really think about it.

Wait till you get 2000 hours in the game and you will find more things that will bother you. For some reason Zomboid has became my default fall back game when I am bored of everything. Over the years a few things have bothered me to stop playing and then I come back.

If such a small thing bothers you then maybe indie games are not for you. Not flaming you in anyway just an observation.

We will see visible backpacks in a couple of months, with IWBUMS build 41.

Atleast I hope it is in a couple of months, but otherwise IWBUMS 41 should come at the very latest atleast november :)

This is all just wild guessing ofcourse ^^

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Just put another 15 hours into the game when I said I wouldn't. On my way back to check this thread, I notice this on the front page. Backpacks everywhere. Everywhere except in the game.

The Ultimate Zombie Survival RPG.png

Are you serious?

Is this your first experience with gaming?

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Are you serious?

Is this your first experience with gaming?

Heh. Newbies. Not trying to be mean Spectre but being fresh to the game and the boards your ideas are welcome but, to think that if you bring up an idea that the coders are jumping to it is a bit out there. 

As stated many times in many threads that this is in the works. Just it is not going to happen immediately.

Archived