ZomPy - Python scripting for PZ! [ Legal question ]

TheOfficialStinger

If i were to make a "core" mod for Project Zomboid ( core meaning written in java and overriding some of their code ) that added Jython scripting WITHOUT decompilation of any of their classes, Would that be considered legal?  And if it were, would i receive flame or congratulations for making such an attempt?  Thanks in advance! :) 

- Overkill

I'm going to tentatively say it would be okay to do, but I'll try to bring this up with a redname and see what they have to say. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be fine as long as (per the rules) you're not charing for it or distributing a fully-playable version of the game that wouldn't require people to pay for it.

If i were to make a "core" mod for Project Zomboid ( core meaning written in java and overriding some of their code ) that added Jython scripting WITHOUT decompilation of any of their classes, Would that be considered legal?  And if it were, would i receive flame or congratulations for making such an attempt?  Thanks in advance! :) 

- Overkill

Harassed Chris about it; policy remains that so long as you don't redistribute PZ and it's class files (or, at the very least, those that are unmodified, in the case of Java-based mods), you're OK.

As to getting praise or blame . . . well just know a large segment of game code is now in Lua, so you'd probably still need to interface with Lua somewhere.