Is there any way to replace vanilla textures? 

VikiDikiRUS

Hi! Me and one guy are creating a cool re-texture mod and we need your help. 

Is there any way to replace vanilla textures? I heard about "Tile Properties", as I know it's only way to add new tiles into the game. But it's not an option. Because the mod has more than 9000 tiles and it'll be impossibly to give each tile a property. 

Edited by VikiDikiRUS

Give the textures an identical name and name the texture pack the same name as the vanilla textures. You can make and open texture packs in the mapping tool. Or you can use this: 

Put it in a mod.

Enable that mod then restart the application.

It should then just overwrite any identically named texture.

*I've only done this with individual textures (fonts), but I can't imagine it'd be any different for texture packs.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Give the textures an identical name and name the texture pack the same name as the vanilla textures. You can make and open texture packs in the mapping tool. Or you can use this: 

Put it in a mod.

Enable that mod then restart the application.

It should then just overwrite any identically named texture.

*I've only done this with individual textures (fonts), but I can't imagine it'd be any different for texture packs.

image.thumb.png.1e05ef4ce1af6524c06be10a892bbfaf.png

Or you can use this: 

what should i use

Hm, I think the problem might be  not having them packed into the same texturesheets. Unsure of how to accomplish that in the newer tool.

Here, I just unpacked the Tiles2x.pak file then inverted it. I then repacked it.  I placed it in my workshop mod, in the directory /texturepacks/  and started the game. In Mods, I enabled the mod then shut the game down. Next time I launched it, it properly overwrote the original texture pack's data:
image.png

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Hm, I think the problem might be  not having them packed into the same texturesheets. Unsure of how to accomplish that in the newer tool.

Here, I just unpacked the Tiles2x.pak file then inverted it. I then repacked it.  I placed it in my workshop mod, in the directory /texturepacks/  and started the game. In Mods, I enabled the mod then shut the game down. Next time I launched it, it properly overwrote the original texture pack's data:

What program did you pack the textures?