Flashlight isn't working properly \ Dark is way to dark

ZombieHunter

4 hours ago, Axezombie said:

Same for me, if at least the flashlight could actually work it would be okay. Sometimes it is like night time at 12pm when it's raining

Do you have post-processing off, as Beard mentioned? The lighting shaders rely on it being on at this point.

Some weather events will certainly down it out, but not usually to the point shown in the screenshot above after we capped their severity.

6 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Do you have post-processing off, as Beard mentioned? The lighting shaders rely on it being on at this point.

Some weather events will certainly down it out, but not usually to the point shown in the screenshot above after we capped their severity.

You're right, it seems to be lighter with this option enabled, thanks

9 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I feel like that severity cap needs a second look, or should be configurable server side.

2 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

I feel like that severity cap needs a second look, or should be configurable server side.

There are options to change how dark nights are in sandbox settings. There's also the weather debug panel, which should let you make it brighter and/or see the current values for reporting. Perhaps that'd help.

I remain unconvinced that what I'm seeing in the above screenshot isn't just shaders being disabled. I get it if you had to turn them off for compatibility or performance, but the game is being designed around them at this point.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

I get it if you had to turn them off for compatibility or performance, but the game is being designed around them at this point.

I reduced Darkness to 0.5 actually for the screenshot.

If the shaders are being designed around them, shouldn't the option to disable shaders temporarily disabled \ permanently be removed in that case??

27 minutes ago, ZombieHunter said:

I reduced Darkness to 0.5 actually for the screenshot.

If the shaders are being designed around them, shouldn't the option to disable shaders temporarily disabled \ permanently be removed in that case??

Yes. It'll be removed in the next build. The downside is that leads to compatibility issues for some people, so much as the vehicles build, the current public build acts a milestone for anyone affected to fall back on.

6 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes. It'll be removed in the next build. The downside is that leads to compatibility issues for some people, so much as the vehicles build, the current public build acts a milestone for anyone affected to fall back on.

I remember reading a post about this on steam though, and if I remember correctly, the people that were complaining about the vehicles build were less than 1% of the playerbase and had very sub-optimal hardware to play on. Idk who posted it it, but tbh, if having post-processing on a game stops you from playing the game, you might need a new hobby or slightly better machine. It seems unfair to me when people report issues and demand compatibility and "optimization" when the problem would be fixed for them if they would buy a decent 150-200 dollar laptop or desktop. Not saying the people who reported this need to throw down on some better hardware, but just don't feel bad about taking the option out. We know you guys do your best so don't let the pissing and moaning of people deter you from making decisions that benefit, literally, almost everyone else.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:53 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

That's great.

Anyway I love the game either way. Keep up the great work.