Sound Markers Pings

ZombieHunter

One thing that will help players both those hard of hearing and those not would be "sound pings" of loud noises.

Such as when a zombie knocks on a door or barricade a "ping" appears that refreshes every 3s. 

These pings can also be played when a zombie "moans" when not in direct sight line.  So you know something is coming from behind you. 

Zombies aren't ninjas, they don't try to sneak up on people they are incapable of advanced thought. 

So this would help especially with survival in the new combat system. 

6 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

6 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

These pings can also be played when a zombie "moans" when not in direct sight line.  So you know something is coming from behind you. 

Zombies aren't ninjas, they don't try to sneak up on people they are incapable of advanced thought. 

So this would help especially with survival in the new combat system. 

As I said in the previous post, this would effectively make the fog of war pointless. Otherwise, I'm all for supporting aids for those with impairments.

You can already see behind you with a range of 1 tile or so to mimic the ability to hear / turn your head, anyway.

I would better see something like that for car noises.
I had to lower by a lot the sound of cars cause its very very loud, and more if you take the demon speed perk.

The problem is that i can rarely hear other players cars ! So a sort of ping for this kind of situation would be great, even if the best would be an equalized sound for motors !

• 1 month later...