Starting out help with WorldED

cerati

Hi, there are no map files appearing in WorldEd after creating a new 1x1 tiled world.  I have made the .png , the .bmp file ,the _veg.bmp , and the _ZombieSpawnMap.bmp.  Those latter files are sitting in the same directory as Tiled and WorldEd. The guide isn't very clear on the "drag your files over" step in the tutorial.  I can't select and move bmp files because none are appearing in the field from which I am supposed to grab them. 
I trying to learn this for the first time, any help would be appreciated.

In WorldEd, you've got a panel on the right with some tabs: Properties, Layers, Maps. Maps is where you'll drag the files from, navigate to your map\bmp\ folder. The UI is a little bit goofy here; you need to click to select something, then click+drag.

Alternatively, you can drag files from windows explorer. If it still doesn't let you, double check that the yourmapname_veg and yourmapname_ZombieSpawnMap are spelled correctly.

Ok, I managed to get past that but now, I have gotten all the way to the the point that I can go in-game, select my map from the mod selection, choose my spawn selection on my map, the game goes to load , quits, and says to check the console text file.
I got this exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=11643,6696,0 because the square is null
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2373)
1557992584373 LuaEventManager: adding unknown event "OnPreUIDraw"
1557992584374 LuaEventManager: adding unknown event "OnPostUIDraw"
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:259)
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:235)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745).

I'll create a new thread with this problem

Partially solved this thread's problem by drag and drop the .bmp from your folder in Windows; It also works from within WorldEd but there are no thumbs-only blank-looking files- on the bmp file icons . You must click "view" on WorldEd's toolbar, scroll down and toggle the directory search window by clicking "show maps".