Indoors should have Ambient Light in the day

ZombieHunter

I feel when the power gets out indoors become way to pitch black. Coming from a person who lived in a house for 20+ years I know for a fact that it is not pitch black in the morning, none of the lights in my house are on until late at night. 

To prevent overly complex lighting algorithm and since indoor lighting is separate. I think the light should have a "minimum" light level during daylight hours and clear weather. 

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Along those lines, maybe it would be possible to see the sun streaming in through the windows? Patches of sunlight on the floor, that sort of thing.

Probably not, no. Since the game is purely 2D, there's no 3D geometry to draw sunlight or shadows from. it could be faked, but that'd probably be costly and call attention to this flaw.

Would love to have seen the game with it, though. 

20 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

I feel when the power gets out indoors become way to pitch black. Coming from a person who lived in a house for 20+ years I know for a fact that it is not pitch black in the morning, none of the lights in my house are on until late at night. 

To prevent overly complex lighting algorithm and since indoor lighting is separate. I think the light should have a "minimum" light level during daylight hours and clear weather. 

Seems rather hyperbolic. Though some days are darker than others, I've not had much trouble getting around houses during the day in the game. There are some little glitches here and there where if you click through furniture or are on the arbitrary boundary of a "room" (say a kitchen and a dining room in an open floor plan) that it gets appreciably dark, but it's usually sorted by moving slightly.

Do you have post-processing turned off? That'll certainly make the game's lighting worse as of build 40.