Cars don't move / Split-screen using 360 controllers

Cyrix

When playing a split screen game (local only) with 2 controllers (Xbox 360) the host can't move cars.

I'm the host, I can get in and start it, and can tell it to move (rpm needle does change), but the only feedback I get is the squealing of tires. Not that familiar with vehicles yet, but it almost seems like a handbrake is always active?

The second controller is able to operate vehicles as expected. The same vehicle will not function for first controller/the host.

I've seen a few posts about this, but no solutions. Adding it here for visibility and hoping a solution is found/suggested.

11 hours ago, Cyrix said:

When playing a split screen game (local only) with 2 controllers (Xbox 360) the host can't move cars.

I'm the host, I can get in and start it, and can tell it to move (rpm needle does change), but the only feedback I get is the squealing of tires. Not that familiar with vehicles yet, but it almost seems like a handbrake is always active?

The second controller is able to operate vehicles as expected. The same vehicle will not function for first controller/the host.

I've seen a few posts about this, but no solutions. Adding it here for visibility and hoping a solution is found/suggested.

Which build are you using, Cyrix? (gotta check if this is known issue or a new one)

Hey Pandorea, I play through steam so it's up to date I think. Build is 3417012, version 40.43.

Playing last night I started the server and tested vehicles without the second controller/player and all was well. Cars moved for me and I saw no signs of any problem. Had the second player log in with the controller (split screen) and the issue resurfaced immediately. Same thing, engine revs, squealing tires but no movement. Second player had no such problem.

1 hour ago, Cyrix said:

Hey Pandorea, I play through steam so it's up to date I think. Build is 3417012, version 40.43.

Playing last night I started the server and tested vehicles without the second controller/player and all was well. Cars moved for me and I saw no signs of any problem. Had the second player log in with the controller (split screen) and the issue resurfaced immediately. Same thing, engine revs, squealing tires but no movement. Second player had no such problem.

Added to the issues list. Unfortunately, there is no work being done to fix any of reported bugs because everyone is doing their bits for animations.... Sorry about that.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:32 AM, Cyrix said:

Head on over here https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25199-improved-controllers-build-ongoing-player-reports/ and see if the issue persists in the controller test build. I would test it but I don't have two controllers. This build was heavily worked on for a brief period, also, test a combination of controllers and maybe keybaord/controller to see if it happens in those environments as well.

Edited by PapayaKing
I couldn't take the picture away