AI driven map making

Ayrton Orio

I was wondering if it would be possible to train an algorithm to turn satellite views and turn them into PZ maps a bit like on the attached picture.

If you were to have a larger choice in the tiles you can generate (maybe having tiles, woods, pavement, road lines, some objects, vegetation type, etc) you could generate maps based on the actual real world data. There is probably issues regarding the IP of the data though (for sure). And if you were to couple that with tools similar to what was shown in the creative mod preview, you could essentially generate a map from any part of the world...

Training the algorithm would take some time and require a lot of man hours but it would also take advantage of the existing community's work and expand on it.

tile 2.jpg

tile 1.jpg

developers need to create more types of fields, biomes and trees. Then you can create a more realistic landscape. And buildings from real life can already be transferred to PZ, it will only have to stylize them a little.

I would recommend the developers to add a ford on which you can move (the player’s model moves more slowly and sinks to the waist in water).

47 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Sorry for taking so long, but here is the thread: 

Unfortunately the download link is dead and I can't find the file on my PC (think I have lost it one time I formatted my PC).

Blackbeard has it on google drive in this thread. I couldn't get the tool to actually do anything helpful, chrome gave me some generic errors.

33 minutes ago, throttlekitty said:

Blackbeard has it on google drive in this thread. I couldn't get the tool to actually do anything helpful, chrome gave me some generic errors.

Can you post the link? Been looking through this thread but didn't find it (I might be blind though).

On 5/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

If you make this system, then the work of cartographers will not be so highly appreciated, since the machine will do everything.

The system exists and used by major companies like Apple Maps and Google Maps already. That is how they are able to have accurate maps on roadways for quite a while now .

Archived