Holsters, Tool Belts, Quick Switching Weapons and Gear

ZombieHunter

Holsters and Tool belts are nothing new, we had them for more than a 100 years from knights sword sheath to fictional characters like batman, they make surviving in the world easier.

The ability to equip holsters and tool belts would refine one major issue of the inefficient UI.

The system could be similar to Defiance MMO - you setup "Gear sets" you want ahead of time. Then a wheel GUI appears you pick one set. Then takes 5s to switch to the new gear set. 

This way you can go around looking for belts and holsters to add guns, flash lights, hammers, etc ( one handed weapons ) to quickly switch between. 

Proposed Mechanic.

Default: Starts with 1 Set

Find Tool belt - Gets 2nd set unlocked ( One handed Meele - 2 items0 ) 

Find Holster - Gets 3rd set unlocked ( One handed Range )

Make Modified Backpack - Gets 4th set unlocked 2 handed range \ meele ( one item ) 

takes 2s to change between one handed sets

Takes 3.5s to change to 2h set.   

Unfortunately, this is the best Video I could find on Youtube, but it makes the point pretty clear. 

I like. 

Something similar: it would be nice to have a pocket system to make cloths more functional. That is, regular pants should slightly increase your carrying capacity in your main inventory, but even dress shirts (I.e. those that have breast pockets) should do the same. Cargo pants would be even better, etc. You should also be able to sew pockets-- even holsters, etc.-- in your cloths to increase carrying capacity.