What does leveling First Aid affect?

Crotchfire

...and how significant are the differences between levels 0, 5, and 10?  Also, I'd read that it can have an effect on infection chance (something like each level of first aid reduces the chance of infection from a scratch by 1% (additive?))... is that true?

As far as I know, healing times, infection, and also how much information you get about each injury (severity, healing).

I couldn't tell you the exact differences between the levels, but it's good to have somebody with the skill in MP. It's pretty difficult to gain XP otherwise.

Do you know if there's any truth to whether having a higher level of it reduces the chance of zombie infection?  ...Like, if I had level 10 first aid, would my chance of being zombified from a zombie scratch be reduced to 15% rather than 25%?

The first aid skill is not as useful since there is no enemy NPC or wild life threat to cause injury to player at the moment since zombies are the only enemy threat.

Currently the way I level up my first aid skill  is to injury myself to increase the skill by climbing through a window with broken glass in the frames just make sure to have  some bandages a suture needle or needle and thread in case you get a wound injury.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Crotchfire said:

Do you know if there's any truth to whether having a higher level of it reduces the chance of zombie infection?  ...Like, if I had level 10 first aid, would my chance of being zombified from a zombie scratch be reduced to 15% rather than 25%?

No

Most import FA bonus.  Fracture healing time.  And once you get to level 4 or 5...you can run with a broken foot/leg when splinted.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, Crotchfire said:

It is a half-truth and whole lie. 

Any exchange of body fluids has a risk of infection it is not 100% chance the second you get a scratch. 

Bite is like 95% chance ( I made a hero that survived a bite before  But took a lot of effort to keep him alive ) 

With that said what FA essentially does is let you more accurately take care of injuries and disease.

The easiest way to level up FA is to constantly run through broken windows and stitch your self up.  

On 4/23/2019 at 2:17 PM, Tails said:

The first aid skill is not as useful since there is no enemy NPC or wild life threat to cause injury to player at the moment

Tell that to us junior carpenters who have to deal with broken legs for two-digit hours of play.

Archived