Low FPS

Stefano

Question

It's been 6 months since my game started to get unplayable due to low fps. I've tried anything, lowered graphics, updating drivers: nothing changed.

I've also tried the "low fps" FAQ. So, my notebook is an Acer Aspire 5741G, intel core i5 430m 2,26 ghz, with nvidia geforce gt 320 M, 4 gb ram..... please help!

2 answers to this question

On 4/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, Beard said:

There can be a lot of things that can lower the FPS, as said in the Low FPS FAQ. Check if you have any mods turned on that would lower the performance. Also, check the options at the bottom of the Options menu like the Skybox. Try turning the Skybox off for example and wind effects... turn off Post Process as well.

Another thing that fixed some users problems is going to your Steam Library > Rightclick ProjectZomboid > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files
In that folder there is a ProjectZomboid32.bat file, doubleclick it to start the game through that file and see if there are any improvements.

Lastly, you can go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" on your computer and upload the "logs.zip" file here, it should contain useful information about your game, so we could take a look if there are any problems with it.

Thanks, setting graphic options on-off I've found the right set-up that grants me at least 30 FPS.

There can be a lot of things that can lower the FPS, as said in the Low FPS FAQ. Check if you have any mods turned on that would lower the performance. Also, check the options at the bottom of the Options menu like the Skybox. Try turning the Skybox off for example and wind effects... turn off Post Process as well.

Another thing that fixed some users problems is going to your Steam Library > Rightclick ProjectZomboid > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files
In that folder there is a ProjectZomboid32.bat file, doubleclick it to start the game through that file and see if there are any improvements.

Lastly, you can go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" on your computer and upload the "logs.zip" file here, it should contain useful information about your game, so we could take a look if there are any problems with it.

Archived