Good places to camp?

Brex

Let's say you're not into the whole "board up the house and build the wall" kind of gamestyle. Let's say you want to live off the land, set up a campsite. Where would you go? 

Personally, I think a good starting point would be here:  https://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.7626932267589456,0.26317777799346603,808.0374651365822

Yeah it's right outside West Point, but if you could block off the bridge and turn the rail line into a chokepoint, you effectively cut off any zed flow from the south, meaning your only worry would be a herd coming up the highway from the east (which can also be managed). You could start with a car into WP to get supplies, or you can do it on foot by taking the rail line. 

There's plenty of trees and flat ground for planting. Set up some tents, get a fire going, string up some concertina wire and sandbags (from HC) and boom, you've got yourself a bona fide camp. 

I like to RP it as a situation similar to the first season/volume of the Walking Dead, where the survivors are camped close to Atlanta in case the government rolls in. Same mentality, but perhaps a tad less dangerous. 

I think I thought about that spot before but never got around to trying it out as I tend to ALWAYS start in Muldraugh. I almost always tended to have a camp in either the large wharehouse or The McCoy logging Corp.

The Main reason for that is that is where all the stuff is at.

Someone mention Gas-2-Go and I remembered trying it in the past and it is a pretty good spot. Surprising little to no zed activity yet you can get to many things.

Next run through I plan on trying your spot out just to see if I like it or not.

I have used your spot before Brex, easy access to the centre of West Point and its pretty low Z count. My favorite  location is;

https://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.6614321693763002,0.21446489532683813,190.05228697006655

I build a cabin on the little peninsular SW of the building. Loot the log burner from the cabin in the woods on the other side of the lake as I always seem to have too many accidents with camp fires. You have a lake to fish. I like to fish and I generally set the food spawn rate to low, but I feel the big river funnels Z's along its banks.

Level up slowly and systematically loot West Point by car.  

Archived