proper nutrition

Demergo

What do you eat to maintain correct weight?

I'm cooking fish and cabbage soups now. They, like, the most high-calorie from what I can get.

My character now weighs 68 kg and continues to lose weight. What do you recommend from food? preferably from renewable sources

9 hours ago, Demergo said:

What do you eat to maintain correct weight?

I'm cooking fish and cabbage soups now. They, like, the most high-calorie from what I can get.

My character now weighs 68 kg and continues to lose weight. What do you recommend from food? preferably from renewable sources

Staying well fed helps, and growing sustainable crops helps as well. Don't just eat the same foods over and over. Vary it up and make sure you have food with high carb and lipid content, as protein doesn't work right now. Also, you can give yourself an additional 4 trait points in character creation and take nutritionalist so that way you can see the nutrition of every food, rather than just packaged ones. These are all game mechanics that will affect how you gain or lose weight.  

https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Nutrition

EDIT: Also, sleep a lot and don't excercise, which means no chopping trees or sprinting around. 

2 hours ago, PapayaKing said:

Поддержание хорошего питания помогает, а также помогает выращивание устойчивых культур. Не просто ешьте одну и ту же пищу снова и снова. Измените его и убедитесь, что у вас есть пища с высоким содержанием углеводов и липидов, так как белок сейчас не работает. Кроме того, вы можете дать себе 4 дополнительных черты характера при создании персонажа и взять диетолога, чтобы вы могли видеть питание каждой пищи, а не только упакованной. Это все игровая механика, которая влияет на то, как вы набираете или теряете вес.  

https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Nutrition

РЕДАКТИРОВАТЬ: Кроме того, много спать и не заниматься спортом, что означает, не рубить деревья или бегать вокруг. 

i have a "bad appetite" and "dietitian" trait

I was on that wiki page

here's how you understand the paragraph:

Carbohydrates are used in determining potential weight gain. This value is ignored unless the player has consumed more than 1200 or 1700 carbohydrates, resulting in a multiplier of 2 or 3, respectively.

Maximum: 1000

Minimum: -500

I can not understand the combination "consumed more than 1200 or 1700 carbohydrates"  and "Maximum: 1000"

What do these words mean in plain language?

52 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

No, not in a single time but 10 in a very short amount of time, I make a salad with one then eat it, then another one etc

10 birds every day ... horror
How many traps do you set to maintain weight in good condition?

3 hours ago, Demergo said:

10 birds every day ... horror
How many traps do you set to maintain weight in good condition?

more than 10 birds, I feed myself until I can't eat anymore, then I eat again when needed but I do that only when I'm losing weight which doesn't happen a lot. I have only 6 traps, I check them morning and evening and it's enough.

3 hours ago, Demergo said:

the fact of the matter is that I do not want to lose weight
my character loses weight dramatically

if you are looking to gain weight try eating more fatty types of food such as ice cream (even melted ice cream) or any meat food items since there is a lot of calories and fats that will help gain weight.

14 hours ago, Demergo said:

i have a "bad appetite" and "dietitian" trait

I was on that wiki page

here's how you understand the paragraph:

Carbohydrates are used in determining potential weight gain. This value is ignored unless the player has consumed more than 1200 or 1700 carbohydrates, resulting in a multiplier of 2 or 3, respectively.

Maximum: 1000

Minimum: -500

I can not understand the combination "consumed more than 1200 or 1700 carbohydrates"  and "Maximum: 1000"

What do these words mean in plain language?

So I'll give you a rundown of how nutrition works in real life. A carbohydrate is an organic compound found in food, as are lipids and proteins. A CALORIE is just a unit of energy, kinda like a Watt or an Ampere. Your charger for you phone, for example, probably uses a 2.4Amp charger. That can be broken down into calories. So all a calorie is, is a measurement of the energy your body needs and uses, and is not a tangible compound like a carb. A calorie is a combination of carbs and lipids in Project zomboid, as proteins don't work, so what you need to do is find food that's high in carbs. 

The 1200 or 1700 carb part means this, as far as I can tell: The maximum you can eat without experiencing POTENTIAL weight gain is 1000 carbs. If you exceed this amount and eat 1200 to 1699 carbs, the potential weight that you will gain is multiplied by 2. If you eat 1700+, the potential weight gain is multiplied by 3. Now when the game decides to attribute the calculation for weight is unknown to me, but it seems like it would make sense to have it determine weight gain/loss on a timer in-game. 

I don't see bad appetite as atrait, nor do i see dietician, but I think that may be an occupation. IDK, I always just choose carpenter, but "hearty appetite" makes you eat food much more often, so you shouldn't be losing weight. My guess is it's just because you're eating the same foods over and over, including cabbage. Mix it up and find candy and forage for meat. Eat pasta, as that's a huge source of carbs both in game and in real life. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Demergo said:

I had only been fishing before and tried to eat more fish. Now try hunting + fishing

I hope the game does not turn into a simulator chef and I will have time to foray into the city

Well, it is a simulator of sorts. You have to put in effort to not starve my guy, lol

5 hours ago, PapayaKing said:

I don't see bad appetite as atrait, nor do i see dietician

Those two are just "Light eater" and "Nutritionist" traits. They are called like that in Russian translation.

8 hours ago, Demergo said:

I had only been fishing before and tried to eat more fish. Now try hunting + fishing

I hope the game does not turn into a simulator chef and I will have time to foray into the city

Set up a farm, you won't have to spend a lot of time on it, or you could just disable the nutrition system.

That's what I love the most in this game, something you don't like? Just remove/disable it

I have a farm, I grow absolutely everything that can be grown on the mechanics of the game.

Disabling something to make the game easier, I do not want. I just want to understand why, when I have all the boxes of food and fish, I continue to lose weight.

Now I will try to constantly eat 10 pans of soup at a time.

I will need to sit in the formula with Excel, I may be able to calculate the daily diet

Archived