On server restart buildings burn down.

AlphaOmega

On server restart players houses are burning down for some reason. To my understanding it's a sleeping meta event they login and it's all burnt textures and the loot in the house is gone. How can I fix this from happening? People are leaving. I can't not be able to restart the server please help. It's not just houses it's safehouses. Both times the server was restarted a safehouse was burnt. The server is using these mods Hydrocraft, OGRM, OGRM Silencers, Nocturnal Zombies, Craft Helper, Filibuster Rhymes' Used Cars, Log Wall Gates and bedfordfalls, Slocanlake.

Edited by AlphaOmega

On 4/17/2019 at 10:22 PM, AlphaOmega said:

On server restart players houses are burning down for some reason. To my understanding it's a sleeping meta event they login and it's all burnt textures and the loot in the house is gone. How can I fix this from happening? People are leaving. I can't not be able to restart the server please help. It's not just houses it's safehouses. Both times the server was restarted a safehouse was burnt. The server is using these mods Hydrocraft, OGRM, OGRM Silencers, Nocturnal Zombies, Craft Helper, Filibuster Rhymes' Used Cars, Log Wall Gates and bedfordfalls, Slocanlake.

Definitely sounds like a bug.  I play on a server with safehouses and all the same mods except (ORGM Silencers/Craft Helper/Log Wall Gates). So if there is some kind of mod conflict, I would start looking at those 3 mods.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, AlphaOmega said:

Hydrocraft, OGRM, OGRM Silencers, Nocturnal Zombies, Craft Helper, Filibuster Rhymes' Used Cars, Log Wall Gates and bedfordfalls, Slocanlake

Disable all of them and restart the server and add them one by one. If it is indeed a bug, then that should narrow it down to the mod(s) that is/are causing the issue.  In the reddit thread, you said it couldn't be a microwave or kitchen appliance - if I read correctly that it is - that is causing the fires, and I think you are right.

17 hours ago, Enoahe said:

This seems like it could be a problem, but again, the issue happens on a server restart, which means that unless everyone in the server was careless and just leaves their appliances on and they just *happen* to burst into flames at them moment of the server starting, then it is more than likely not the issue. In addition, it happened to a building with no appliances in it to cause a fire (by game mechanics that is). Maybe, though, the server only registers the the event of a fire starting once the server starts, but I doubt that as it is typically not server behavior to overlook information like that. This is a non-typical problem though. 

OP, back up your server, copy the settings and the player data to a copy of the current server, and see if that fixes it or if the same thing happens. 

Also, this is a long shot, but is your server dedicated, or non-dedicated? Steam makes it easy, but the option to bypass steam and make a dedicated server is still there, so just checking. 

To be honest though, if you have a lot of players, it is just a meta event to my understanding. Some may disagree, but you can turn them off in the sandbox settings. Try that first instead of uninstalling all the mods.

I take back the feature part: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1482109512309985020/

Edited by PapayaKing
Misinformation