More details

Junkid

Hi,

I think PZ sorely lacking of details for a zombie apocalypse, streets are too clean, everything is too smooth...

So, here's a list of some improvements that can be added to the game:

- More wastes (more trash on the street, like papers, blood, bodies...)

- More street furnitures (barricades, sandbags, destroyed police barrage, overturned cars, bus stops, destroyed or damaged steetlights...)

- More horror (rotten bodies, dead bodies with supplies, blood splatters, bones, mummified bodies, suiciders, clothes and broken dishes on floor in houses...)

- More mess in houses (broken furnitures, bullet holes in walls, jammed doors, water leak, etc...)

- More visible nature taking back her rights (foliage and grass can grow up inside houses)

You can complete the list or tell what you thing about.

Hope this thread is not a copy of hundred other theads.

The world of PZ definitely looks too clean.

Every chair is neatly tucked in, all furniture is standing upright, no hastily-built furniture barricades, basically 99% of homes look like an Ikea showroom. Also, every car is parked in between the lines in car parks...

Edited by Geras

I never really till i read this but there's really no signs of the previous inhabitants 

other then the odd radio or tv left on

Even the supposed Survivor homes feel empty 

Still clean and in perfect order

Edited by Spikelord

19 hours ago, Brex said:

More defenses too. Concertina wire, junk walls, wooden spikes, makeshift barricades...the vanilla defenses are just bland. 

15 hours ago, Geras said:

The world of PZ definitely looks too clean.

And that's a real problem for immersion i think, this make sense when the infection start (and not really because it's supposed to be chaos), but when you reach a year of survival and the city is still clean (with some damaged roads or ivy on walls). Inevitably, break immersion.

Hope devs will work on that

11 hours ago, Spikelord said:

Even the supposed Survivor homes feel empty 

Still clean and in perfect order

Yeah just planks and zombies, no blood, no garbage, no mess... Strange feeling.

It's an awesome game but this part needs work.

19 hours ago, Brex said:

More defenses too. Concertina wire, junk walls, wooden spikes, makeshift barricades...the vanilla defenses are just bland. 

(Response didn't post ?)

Yeah, more traps and barricades would be cool. Trunks walls are nice but not realistic. Seriously, in a zombie apocalypse, you take first things you see for defend yourself, no time to cut trees, sharp wood, and make walls. No time. So yeah, junk barricades would be awesome (you can also use cars as walls)

I would like it if this function was tied to the "Erosion" mechanic. Meaning that Day 1 of the outbreak would look almost similar to the "clean" world you have... But over the weeks and months you might stumble upon a house that was a defensive structure or an overturned/burned out car wreck that wasn't there a month ago. 

I imagine something similar would happen with the inclusion of NPCs if they function in an independent type of manner. Maybe now when you hear the random gunshots, you can explore the direction of sound and find a corpse being devoured by a horde or having already been reanimated. 

There is a really cool mod on the SteamWorkshop  called "Post-Apocalyptic Sprites" which adds the random gore and broken furniture around the map(inside houses), the only problem is it replaces EVERYTHING with no procedural kind of function for it to degrade and become a deranged nightmare world over time instead of instantly. 

Edited by Sick Boy

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is a real to change the base map, since they are mostly clean for a reason.

There are already event houses that rely on RNG and are supposed to represent some kind of situation happening, like an overrun home base, a suicide, or homes that have already been fully looted with one window smashed in. I wouldn't mind expanding on that, maybe increase the odds for starting later into the apocalypse with the erosion mechanic.

I never really till i read this but there's really no signs of the previous inhabitants 

other then the odd radio or tv left on

There is actually more than you would think, what with shelves being populated by books and even themed loot lists based on the profession. Apart from that, the chances of encountering special homes that have the remnants of the former residents (suicides, dead bodies, obvious loot) there is also cooked food still on the stove.

This is something likely to improve naturally with the inclusion of NPCs.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I think some other details to PZ that would be cool to have such as...

- Cars getting dirty or bloody.

- Traffic pileups with more workable vehicle instead of mostly  burnt cars.

- power sockets on the walls in the houses since there are non and how TV's and other electronics are plugged in.

- more types of realistic road signs like speed limit signs, deer crossing signs ect.

- Power poles/ hydro lines since how else is the buildings getting powered during the time when the power is on?

- Functional traffic lights for when the power is still on.

- Police and Military roadblocks overrun.

- Quarantine areas.

- Dead plants in those planters and gardens since there was no maintenance done for those plants overtime

- derailed or abandoned trains for looting

- Aircraft crash sites contain a helicopter or plane that was wrecked to add a cool looting place.

- Sounds of airplanes flying past player during meta event.

Edited by Tails