Crazy ManMan

Inverse decay setting for zombies

Instead of zombies getting weaker with time I would like a sandbox setting for them to get stronger. Ideally being able to pick and choose how each trait changes with rotting, but I would be happy just for them just getting more and more buffs with time. I find by late game it starts feeling routine and easy to the point that the only hazard is my own carelessness, but early game it is a bit much to max out zombie stats when one does not even have weapons/etc yet. This would be a way to have the best of both worlds.

It would be interesting that they could mutate into something more than shambling death. Could even have them get traits related to their future class release. IE Police man might have a gun with one shot, or use a baton when attacking. A footballer might have running trait that rams you. Gardner might attack with shears. Farmer with a shovel.

If this is used I would imagine that you would have to use it sparingly unless change it in the sandbox settings. Call it "Late Game Mutation" setting and how many per 100 show up. So 3000 zombies means 30 walking around. Or maybe allow 1% a month so by years end could be 12/100. Game would definitely get more interesting if you start to think there can be that many walking around.

"mutant" zombies are not part of the game lore though. So you're not likely to even see an option for anything other than the sprinter types. 

The only variations of zombies you're likely to see are the kinds you find in Night of the Living Dead or The Walking Dead universe.

Shamblers, rotters, skin-and-bones, at best the "worst" type of zombie would be either a body-builder or a fat guy. 

(not that we have anything other than "standard walking corpse" right now, but in the future you probably wont get much in the way of post-reanimation mutation.)

4 hours ago, Sick Boy said:

"mutant" zombies are not part of the game lore though. So you're not likely to even see an option for anything other than the sprinter types. 

The only variations of zombies you're likely to see are the kinds you find in Night of the Living Dead or The Walking Dead universe.

Shamblers, rotters, skin-and-bones, at best the "worst" type of zombie would be either a body-builder or a fat guy. 

(not that we have anything other than "standard walking corpse" right now, but in the future you probably wont get much in the way of post-reanimation mutation.)

Not mutants, just the settings we already have in sandbox, but instead of decay making them go from stronger traits to weaker traits, it would make them go from weaker traits to stronger traits. So for example if you picked weak sense of smell with time they would get bloodhound, etc.