Vehicles related performance issues.

Crossbow7734

Question

Hi. I have a little performance problems when driving cars. It's only minor staggering and a little bit delayed response, and it occures only when zoomed out far. Number of Zeds on the screen also has some impact on this. I like to zoom the camera as far as possible when driving, because it gives me a better picture of the road ahead, and I wonder if it would be possible to do something about this. I am actually using options file with everything set to be as smooth as posible, only with zoom and 3D models enabled (because I don't see cars if I disable it) from one of similar threads.  What is the best for performance setting with cars visible? I believe there is some ongoing optimalization work, that will improve performance in future builds, do you think it will help with that case?  What else can I do to improve it from my end?

2 answers to this question

You can also check if you have the other minor settings disabled, for example the Skybox, Environment Reflections, Wind sprite effects. I also read that changing the Lock Framerate to 55 helped with lag for some people.
Also, make sure to have the latest drivers for your computer installed, especially your graphics card, which you can download from your manufacturer's website (nVidia, AMD, Intel..)

Archived