Buildings' Sound Insulation

Blake81

This is one thing that hadn't occurred to me before, but does being inside of a building somehow muffles the sounds your character makes inside?

I mean, been living in the USA for over two years now, and noticed that here, unlike in my country, houses have some serious sound insulation. There can be a full-on 8 hours college orgy-party on your neighbor's backyard, but you wouldn't notice until you went outside or felt the speakers' bass.

So does PZ has such a feature? Does say, crafting a wooden crate inside a house makes less zed-attracting noise than doing it outside? And if no, can we have this feature added?

I've often wondered that myself, the specifics of it. Sometimes it feel like it does reduce the chances of zombies hearing you but then I'll take a few steps and suddenly there is banging on stuff. 

So sometimes I get the sense that it does while other times it seems like it does nothing. 

I've looked into it too, and yes, the results are inconsistent. You can turn on a TV at full volume outside, and not a zed will come by. But try barricading some doors from the inside and the entire neighborhood will come.

Wish I could hear the Devs' own take on this.

Archived