Will items.txt changes take effect in current game?

MRB

Hi guys,

I'm really interested in modding PZ, and so having no idea how, am going to start small and simple.

I want to adjust some statistics for various in-game items to make them more realistic, such as the axe breaking far too quickly.

If I change the stats in items.txt, will those stats be the ones in play for any existing game save or will it have the original items.txt loaded in with it?

Cheers!

P.S - Is there also a way to add an item to the inventory of a player in a current save? You may be able to put 2+2 together here. :)

If you change items stats in original items.txt file, ingame items will have your new values in any new or old gamesaves.

.I think from 2.9.9.17 version if you create your own *.txt file in your mod folder and create item with same name as in original items.txt it will override original item -  check http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2011-how-to-use-the-modloader/

to add item  check this guide http://pz-mods.net/guide/your-first-pz-lua-script/

To be more specific, create a .txt file in ProjectZomboid\mods\[modname]\media\scripts\items.txt with the following:

module Base	item blablabla	{		...	}}

That should overwrite the item in the base items.txt or newitems.txt. As a side note, you don't have to name it items.txt so long as the module is Base, though you could also create a custom module name and add an import call like so:

module Custom{	imports	{		Base	}	item blablabla	{		...	}}

This should do the same thing, overwriting said items... I think. I know using the module Base without importing will do the trick, but if you want to create custom items, this would be how you'd do it.

DISCLAIMER: I'm new to the modding scene, still working on my first mod, so my inexperience may shine brightly here, but I've had little issue using this method.