Aim priority.

Burger_Time

It would be good to have some sort of menu, where you could set part of the body which your character will be aiming for primarily such as head, torso, L/R arm and L/R leg.

Example of menu with priority set to head:

IMG_20190327_133205.png.63718c8b9c7c0a4d8c72ccc72bf066b3.png

The limb you set priority to should affect such things as Chance to hit, Min/Max damage and maybe some additional effects like Immobilization if aiming for the leg, decreased accuracy/inability to hold items in your hand for short amount of tune if aiming for the arm etc.

This would be very useful especially on MP servers if you don't want to kill anyone, but at least make your enemy "less dangerous."

Edited by Burger_Time

I must say, Survivalist has successfully implemented a system for this by allowing up/down mouse movement to select which one when aiming, and it didn't take an overly complicated system to do it. Project Zomboid, with some effort, could emulate the same thing. Since PZ does use multiple levels, this could easily be switched over to the mouse wheel.

Hand/leg injuries are intended to do as you described, but the variety of injuries are pretty limited at the moment. I think getting them to do more is already on the to-do list.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I like the idea, but I think if we are going to get that in game we need to wait until devs add wildlife to the game. It would be a lot more logic to properly aim at animals when you hunt, because if you just shot them they may ran off and bleed somewhere in the middle of the forest, instead dropping almost on the spot. So that system would make a lot of sense then,  and I'd love some kind of target indication. It's a little confusing when you have multiple zombies as possible targets. Maybe a little colour thingie like with containers, and it may also show you which specific part of the creature you're targeting. A little bit like in Fallout series.

Yep, I know my english is bad.