ps4 controllers not being detected by project zomboid on mac

ilikecake

Question

I've been having a problem with project zomboid not detecting wired or wireless ps4 controllers on mac when i go into options menu. i have tried this with 2 ps4 controllers and a ps3 controller both wired and wireless they both connect fine to the mac and  i can play other steam games with them but they won't work for PZ. so far my troubleshooting has been remove all mods, uninstall the game, wired and wireless connection test and deleting all files in user and steam properties and re installing the game. if anyone could help me with this problem i would greatly appreciate it because it has been going on since the middle of the vehicle build. 

6 answers to this question

I think that's because the current build doesn't actually support Dualshock4 controller. However, you can play on a Controller test build (Password and such here: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25199-improved-controllers-build-ongoing-player-reports/ ) where I believe Dualshock Does work. + You can report some stuff to the devs if you wish. :)

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

I don't think Mac + Controllers is supported atm.

Nope, especially not a PS4 controllers as their hardware profile will differ depending on the drivers/programs used. It's just a limitation of the library we use.

You have to manually set the key bindings in the controller's file, located in /user/zomboid. There's a test GUI and the option screen to get the right button numbers.

It'll be replaced once animations are done.

"You have to manually set the key bindings in the controller's file, located in /user/zomboid. There's a test GUI and the option screen to get the right button numbers."

1. what is the name of the controller file, I can't find it? 

2. ALSO, is there a Controller file located on the Mac as well that can be edited or no? 

Archived