PZ Lacking Sprites

jamesorbe0

I've been wondering why almost all the buildings look the same then I recognized that the sprites looks the same or lacks variation. Is there going to be an entire build focusing on adding new sprites in PZ to make it look more natural and real. having the same couch on every houses or the same type of windows and doors feels unnatural. PZ really needs to add more sprites to make it look alive like what the devs did on weather build. Weather before lacks variation but now we can see snow, storm, clouds, etc. Take a look at this building. It looks fresh because it has a custom sprite/different sprite that I have seen in this game.

save.png

sprite.jpg

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This sort of criticism will always exist, no matter how much variation is added.

Everybody always wants "more."

Yes, but the weather build actually gives more variation and I felt the weather is complete like a full package that you don't need to add anymore stuff in it because It feels like it already has the things that needs to be there. I want the same feeling as I'm feeling with weather update. Animation would probably have the same feeling because when I watch those video's, It felt like it's going to be a complete package on animation and because all the things that should be there will be there. All I'm saying is all the fundamentals should be there and it should feel like it is a complete package that you do not need to add anymore things in that update. The right amount of stuff that should feel like it doesn't lacks or have too many variation.

Those sprites are the ones I made, unfortunately there is no way to edit the current zomboid map otherwise I could easily add alot to the current game.

Doing recolours of the current furniture is really easy but making all new sprites is time consuming. I believe mash is their only artist and is busy with Louisville, but more variation in the future would be nice

• 2 weeks later...

I agree as well. As @Neutz said above, perhaps once the Louisville map extension is complete, this is something that could be looked into. The current sprites aren't going to ruin anyone's experience by any means, but adding more variation can only be a good thing.

Great suggestion. It's nice to see the different areas separated by different sprites/building types. Posh or poor it adds some life and variety to the game.

Like how Riverside(?) or Rosewood has posh housing, rural posh houses etc...

Archived