Who Else Would Like Multiplayer Before Anything Else Really?

Rebomonkey

I can't imagine anything worse in the world than working on multiplayer and sacrificing the entire rest of the game for it- don't mince words, that's what you're asking.

I agree. Many people would initially be thrilled, then when bugs or problems ruined the experience and cost hours of work for two or more people, that would probably result in a rage-quit. Some people might give it a few goes, but ultimately the problems would be overly frustrating and they'd rather enjoy playable games with their friends until PZ gets fixed, if they don't throw it under the rug and forget it exists entirely. 

If you only want to play the game because of multiplayer, then don't play it. The dev team doesn't consider it to be a high priority for their game, and have elected to work on other things. The Indie Stone isn't a large developer like EA or Activision that have teams large enough to work on multiple things at once, so they're working the hardest with what they have.

Don't take it out on them just because they're not bending over backwards to do something that they don't see any value in doing right just this second.

The way indestone has decided to market zomboid (multiplayer after everything else) is just EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. No, seriously. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

Wait for another 3 (30?) years until multiplayer is released? #### YOU! Nuff said.

Please be lovely. Venting your frustration does not further your cause of getting multiplayer in faster. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh, how many times you people asked fotr Multiplayer...

What do you mean...  "You People" ?  But seriously i bought this in the times when they were rushing multiplayer, then they turned around, bitch slapped Us People, and decided to delete npcs, and add tea to the game  (tophat)   tea is ok just not really what i was looking for on the "Coop"  side of things.

The way indestone has decided to market zomboid (multiplayer after everything else) is just EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. No, seriously. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

Wait for another 3 (30?) years until multiplayer is released? #### YOU! Nuff said.

Please be lovely. Venting your frustration does not further your cause of getting multiplayer in faster. :-)

Nothing does mate.

If you only want to play the game because of multiplayer, then don't play it.

No no no no you dont understand you man/woman/alien/thing/planet/sun/top hat/thing/darkmatter/other unknown anomaly,  When i supported this game when it was first started on desura, we were promised a semi-early coop/multiplayer, like i said they slapped us, then gave tea.

Ok gentalmen, i am done for now, good bye, you can rage, read and agree, ignore, not even find this forum topic, or just do what pleases you.

What do you mean...  "You People" ?  But seriously i bought this in the times when they were rushing multiplayer, then they turned around, bitch slapped Us People, and decided to delete npcs, and add tea to the game  (tophat)   tea is ok just not really what i was looking for on the "Coop"  side of things.

They have never been rushing multiplayer, I would like to see whatever bit of text that gave you the idea they were. Especially back in the pre-Steam days the devs always stated that a solid singleplayer experience is the main priority and multiplayer comes after that. Only now after the Steam release has any sort of priority bumping for multiplayer been considered.

But seriously i bought this in the times when they were rushing multiplayer, then they turned around, bitch slapped Us People, and decided to delete npcs, and add tea to the game  (tophat)   tea is ok just not really what i was looking for on the "Coop"  side of things.

If you only want to play the game because of multiplayer, then don't play it.

No no no no you dont understand you man/woman/alien/thing/planet/sun/top hat/thing/darkmatter/other unknown anomaly,  When i supported this game when it was first started on desura, we were promised a semi-early coop/multiplayer, like i said they slapped us, then gave tea.

I'm sorry but it's always been clear that Multiplayer is a thing for the far future. It has been always made clear that the single player part of the game is the priority.

I don't know where your impressions come from, but it's nothing that we ever stated.

You can obviously be disappointed that there isn't MP, yet, but you shouldn't make something up and say it was promised to be in by now.

That's a straight up lie Rebomonkey. Wouldn't mention it again if you like being part of these forums; lying about the developers is a good way to not be here anymore. I've been here since right after they started and as has been stated above, they have been excruciatingly clear about where their priorities were (singleplayer) at every single point in time since.

That's a straight up lie Rebomonkey. Wouldn't mention it again if you like being part of these forums; lying about the developers is a good way to not be here anymore. I've been here since right after they started and as has been stated above, they have been excruciatingly clear about where their priorities were (singleplayer) at every single point in time since.

Yeah ditto, even way back then I remember them talking about MP as an idea. Not really something that had been terribly explored.

Personally I enjoy an isolated experience at the moment, multiplayer has never been my cup of tea. However I will say, I would rather have as many features into the game and as close to the final experience as possible before multiplayer was really started and released. Otherwise they would begin splitting their time between fixing feature bugs and fixing multiplayer bugs, leaving less time to implement new features.

My Point is,  My friend and I, and inevitably a few other people that may or may not orbit the sun, suggest that you bump up the date of multiplayer SLIGHTLY!  You don't have to go out of your way, you don't have to even acknowledge this post, but yea, let me know what you think BEFORE you delete this, and may the schwartz be with your team of hard workers (I hope)

With my lack of good internet I can't play any online/multiplayer games I own unless I go to a friend's place so I would prefer singleplayer above all with any game. Games based around a multiplayer experience has never been that fun since they're never in depth or serious for that matter. PZ has always been about singleplayer and that's something I can get behind considering its not based around a single story but a endless amount of community creativity and core survival elements surrounding my favorite genre, zombies. 

So if you're looking for multiplayer as the main feature I would suggest finding another game good sir otherwise you can wait for the feature like everyone else and let TIS work on it when they decide to do so. (tophat)

Well, they did add co-op split-screen in past builds so they did not lie one bit. I'm not sure if it has been in the more recent builds but nobody lied to us. They removed NPCs and the meta-game that runs them until the meta-game is finished and last I remember hearing they are getting close. As soon as the meta-game is finished, map finished, NPCs are included, and the rest of any bugs squashed, they will begin working on MP.

The only thing that anyone could do to help speed up development is offer any skills you have to TIS and report all bugs you find. 

Ok gentalmen, i am done for now, good bye, you can rage, read and agree, ignore, not even find this forum topic, or just do what pleases you.

This particular line makes me believe that Rebomonkey is simply trying to grind some gears and never had any intention of accepting any response short of "Okay, we'll do it now."

Stating your case (more like throwing a tantrum, in this instance) and simply saying, "That's it, I don't care about anyone or anything else discussed here" is a sure sign of having failed to make the impact an individual wished to make. They've lost the argument, run out of ideas, hve no more points they can use to sway their audience, so they stamp their feet and let everyone know how they truly feel before opting out with "And now I won't read any of your replies!" (they totally will; don't worry about that) because having what they believe to be the last word is the only thing left they can really take.

And indeed, Rebomonkey, I will forgo any and all future sandwiches for life if you can indeed prove that the Devs at ANY point in time under ANY stage of this alpha development promised multiplayer within the near future.

You can't. And you've gone ahead and pissed away any chance you ever had of being reasonable or discussing this in a constructive manner, so whatever "headway" you could have made in getting anyone to work on MP sooner was thrown out the window.

This particular line makes me believe that Rebomonkey is simply trying to grind some gears and never had any intention of accepting any response short of "Okay, we'll do it now."

Stating your case (more like throwing a tantrum, in this instance) and simply saying, "That's it, I don't care about anyone or anything else discussed here" is a sure sign of having failed to make the impact an individual wished to make. They've lost the argument, run out of ideas, hve no more points they can use to sway their audience, so they stamp their feet and let everyone know how they truly feel before opting out with "And now I won't read any of your replies!" (they totally will; don't worry about that) because having what they believe to be the last word is the only thing left they can really take.

And indeed, Rebomonkey, I will forgo any and all future sandwiches for life if you can indeed prove that the Devs at ANY point in time under ANY stage of this alpha development promised multiplayer within the near future.

You can't. And you've gone ahead and pissed away any chance you ever had of being reasonable or discussing this in a constructive manner, so whatever "headway" you could have made in getting anyone to work on MP sooner was thrown out the window.

I agree with Rorek, this thread should probably just get locked as it can go no where good.