Forking Hell

nasKo

download-1.jpg

Hey hey it’s Thursdoid time, this week may be a bit short as there are interesting things afoot in the Indie Stone family that means certain usual Thursdoid writers cannot be with us today (hence the worse than usual pun!), however we still have some cool videos to show!

Things have been progressing very nicely with the animation build, the entire team beavering away happily implementing the multitude of anims and costumes, as Zac and Mark from TEA have continued their work on the tech, ironing out the last few issues with the animation blending, as well as providing some extra cool tools to help us implement and debug the animations (as well as the modders once it releases!)

In the game implementation side of things, we’ve started to get all the inventory icons in and implementations of all the weapons that will appear in the game (though more may come before release), crafting, looting and various other things are implemented.

Videos speak louder than words though, and let’s get a taste of some new Beever while we’re at it.

(please note due to remaining issues to resolve, this video does not contain the high res model rendering shown last week)

In other related news, this week we’ve been spending some time getting all the <REDACTED>  future build content up to date with the animation build, so we’re ready to go with full team development on it as soon as animations is complete and out there.

That’s it for this week folks, sorry for the short Thursdoid but I’m sure you’d rather I was hammering away at anims than stressing about writing words here and hope the videos satisfy your appetite. Normal business will resume next week!

This week’s meeting of the minds from eHxAtoMiic. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here– so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too.

3 hours ago, nasKo said:

download-1.jpg

SUPER NASKO! Thanks for the beautiful news!!!

A question for you:

There should be the chance for to see and play (aesthetically) a Brawny-Bulky physique, like a Ultra Bruiser Bodybuilder/Weightlifter (high anabolic steroids) archetype character?

v63fv6.jpg

Or probably is too much difficult to adapt all clothes to a big and large character?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Body Builder said:

There should be the chance for to see and play (aesthetically) a Brawny-Bulky physique, like a Ultra Bruiser Bodybuilder/Weightlifter (high anabolic steroids) archetype character?

Lemmy said on Reddit that they want to implement weight to be visible, so maybe muscles as well (not in the initial animations build, though).

Edited by Geras

0: That boy just did some Dyin' Light jazz over that fence. Does that mean people will be able to jump on top of one story buildings with flat roofs? Basically, if I had a base on a multiplayer server, would some raidin' trumpetfucker be able to jump up onto my roof & get in, no stairs required? 

That animations video was amazing climbing that tall fence to evade a hoard of zombies. One thing I have notice on the animations progress video is that the weapon icon shows a scythe but the weapon model seems to look like a sickle. The melee combat look awesome cant wait to kill some zombies with those new weapons. :)

On 3/1/2019 at 12:38 AM, poodude28 said:

I just realised, since this is going to allow new animations is somebody going to finally be able to make a 28 Weeks Later / 28 Days Later mod where the zombies actually look like they are running like the infected? That would be pretty awesome.

Unless I'm wrong, you can already do it by ticking the box "running zombies" in the custom sandbox zombie panel. You can actually also have the "I am legend" lore by having them to be passive during the day and running at night (very cool gameplay wise)

On 3/2/2019 at 1:02 AM, Ayrton Orio said:

Unless I'm wrong, you can already do it by ticking the box "running zombies" in the custom sandbox zombie panel. You can actually also have the "I am legend" lore by having them to be passive during the day and running at night (very cool gameplay wise)

No I know that, what I meant was so they actually look like they are sprinting like them and not like the player lol. Hopefully somebody adds some sounds with it eventually.

8 hours ago, poodude28 said:

No I know that, what I meant was so they actually look like they are sprinting like them and not like the player lol. Hopefully somebody adds some sounds with it eventually.

I'm pretty sure that will be possible, they've stated in the past that you can have separate animations for upper body and lower body so theoretically you could have the running animation play while also playing the lunging animation, although i'm sure they've already covered this with the update.

It would be good to implement an animation for cooperative servers to help your partner, in the sense that if he falls or injures his partner, he can get up or drag you to a safe place and put him in a bed or chair, if the injured fellow had the broken leg that you can take care of like the old version of Project Zomboid, that you had to take care of your partner, putting bandages and also feeding him They understand me?

On 2/28/2019 at 11:38 PM, poodude28 said:

I just realised, since this is going to allow new animations is somebody going to finally be able to make a 28 Weeks Later / 28 Days Later mod where the zombies actually look like they are running like the infected? That would be pretty awesome.

I'm almost 100% positive we already have a zombie specific run anim. If not its definitely on the list, no mod required

16 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

I'm almost 100% positive we already have a zombie specific run anim. If not its definitely on the list, no mod required

Do you mean you have the animation ready in the animation build in development or in the actual current game? It's been a while, but the last time I made it so they were running they looked like they were running like normal human beings lol.

4 hours ago, poodude28 said:

Do you mean you have the animation ready in the animation build in development or in the actual current game? It's been a while, but the last time I made it so they were running they looked like they were running like normal human beings lol.

in animation build