When are the NPC‘s gonna release

Spada

33 minutes ago, Spada said:

So are they gonna bring the NPC‘s in build 41 or Build 42?

Build 42 is supposed to introduce Hunting, which should introduce basic AI for roaming animals. Everything on from that is supposed to be adding more advanced NPC capabilities.

19 hours ago, Spada said:

So are they gonna bring the NPC‘s in build 41 or Build 42?

Build 42 (or rather the next bigger build after animations), in the form of animals.

Then, Kate and Baldspot return, along with non-persistent NPC characters and little events

Then, autonomous NPCs that can group up with the player and take some orders

Then, faction and group mechanics, adding politics, story and meta interactions along with personalities to the mix.

Will npcs also be in multyplaer servers as well so you not only have to worry about other players but other npcs to? Also would every player have the ability to start his or her own group by gathering up npcs for themselves to create a huge world of multiple groups/factions? Something I’ve been wondering for a long time. Lol

3 hours ago, sniperman1109 said:

Will npcs also be in multyplaer servers as well so you not only have to worry about other players but other npcs to? Also would every player have the ability to start his or her own group by gathering up npcs for themselves to create a huge world of multiple groups/factions? Something I’ve been wondering for a long time. Lol

There was an old Mondoid video on Mathas' channel where it was mentioned they wanted NPCs to be indistinguishable from human players. Most likely would only work on RP servers or something, but that was a while ago. You're supposed to be able to make a group yes, or join an NPCs group. Not sure about huge world of factions or multiple groups though. Safe to assume NPCs would at least form small groups.

It would be cool since the map is big and having rival factions/groups late-game would add more reasons to keep playing if you fight against them or something.  It definitely would seem though that it would be more between your group and its members to create "your own personal zombie survival movie" with every play-through. Can't find where that was mentioned but definitely an old Mondoid.

Take everything I said with a grain of salt though, but these were the things I remember mentioned years ago which may be far less complex in the game, or too complex to add.

Archived