PZ Community New Outfit Thinktank

Batsphinx

Anything to entertain friends. It doesn't have to be quite fire pro wrestling level character creation, but with these sprites I would think you could do a lot of variety. I think I'll second the idea of protective clothing, too. Kind of Warriors 1979 with hockey masks and S&M looking gear. Chainmail would be pretty funny like you can walk 1-1,000,000th of the speed but can't be bitten except for in the face. It could be craftable lol. So I imagine my friends getting decked in ridiculous gear to draw them off but ultimately failing often enough. A moment we always have on my server is coming back as someone after dying so if I can climb up the sheet rope to meet my friends dressed like an Elvis impersonator, I think that would be tremendous.

I have something else to suggest, shoes:

- Sport shoes to make you run faster/longer

- Football/soccer shoes to make more damage when stomping zombies

- Boots for better insulation

Feet injuries if you walk/run for a long time with unadapted shoes like city shoes/heels or even bare feet or with destroyed shoes.

And of course socks being finally equipable for better insulation and comfort

Just some outfit ideas I can think of on the spot

Pilot (general airline and military variations)

Hospital patient (hospital gown etc)

Nurse

Trucker

Hazmat suit soldier (I think this is in but not sure?)

Hunter (camo pants and hat + high vis, found in forests)

Also as another person mentioned a ghillie suit. Will it be possible to have special outfits like this give you + to sneak or are we going to far RPG with this?

Some clothes to add to the list (hopefully)

-Nun outfit (You don't know, maybe a nun was taking a stroll in Muldraugh when zombies happened!)

-Fur coats and jackets for the survivors who want to be warm and fancy while they run for their lives

-Riot helmets (maybe in the future armor updates)

-Business suits (both for ladies and laddies)

-Clown costume (honking nose optional)

-Swimwear (bikinis, one piece swimsuit etc...)

Also, since the apocalypse started around July would Halloween costumes be out of the question? like those skeleton costumes and Dracula capes?

Edited by Dem Avalon
Remembered swim stuff

I like every idea in this thread, but I feel that leather, kevlar, and denim clothes counting against scratch/bite chance in particular would be game-changing.

Maybe safety gear in general ie dust masks, leather gloves/aprons/boots, etc could be worked into the occupational and hobby items and loot?

More period-correct clothing (and also decorations) could add a heap of flavour too.  T-shirts, flannel, vests, boots, too much denim, long shorts, hoodies, and cut-off camo pants were all staple.

I recall there being quite the flower-power resurgence at that time too, but I didn't like in Kentucky.  Lennon shades, tie-dye, white linen clothes, bell-bottoms... ugh.

Obviously you don't want to step on any toes in terms of trademarks and the art and IP of others in general, but there are certain images and styling that could bring on the vibes without causing too many issues.

Eg a white stick figure on a black and/or blue background with red impact lettering underneath might not be appropriate, but there are a lot of other ways to reminisce:

Lots of bold black and white lettering, black and white portraits (particularly of sporty-looking gents wearing jewelry), long hair on everyone, cartoons, cut-up effects, squiggly lettering, gritty and washed-out sepia images, and of course skulls absolutely everywhere.

Nobody owns that  : ]

I thought about some prison jumpsuits with different colors for different inmate before they turned into a zombie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_uniform#Color_designations

Dark red: supermax, or "worst of the worst"

Red: high-risk

Khaki or yellow: low-risk

White: segregation unit or in specific cases, death row inmates

Green or blue: low-risk inmates on work detail (e.g. kitchen, cleaning, laundry, mail, or other tasks)

Orange: unspecific, commonly used for any status in some prisons

Black/orange and white stripes: unspecific, commonly used for any status in some prisons

On 3/15/2019 at 4:55 AM, Kim Jong Un said:

I haven't seen much hunter clothes (camo/orange vests, hats, etc).

Will we expect some?

We have a lot of different camo stuff (including hats), orange vest are coming too :)

Bear in mind we didn't show all the outfit (i have currently 75 male outfits & 64 female :D) and a lot of your suggestions are in! Keep 'em coming tho, there's some wonderfull ideas in there, most of them added to the pipe or has been done!

Love that there's a suggestions thread for this! Can't not throw some ideas out there:

Bomber/flight jackets (The leather ones with the white fur collars and cuffs)

• Pilot uniforms (Not sure if suggested/needed. Commercial, military etc. Maybe helicopter pilot uniforms for news crew members a-la frank west's dead rising crew?)
  • Journalist uniforms, cameras around the neck and such maybe.
  • Those multi-colored jackets in pastel checkerboard patterns, like bright green on red on blue in random square sections that were all the rage.
  • Reflective pants, I remember those a ton.
  • Newsboy caps, flat caps and such. Blazers too, college professor style.
  • Hip bags? Not sure if possible there, satchel sort of things.
  • Wrestler costumes, superhero costumes, etc.
  • High school bomber jackets, varsity stuff. Maybe those graduate gowns and caps for the fun
  • Plaid was a big thingimage.png
  • High-waisted things like jeans, skirts etc - while on that topic:
    • Sundresses, skirts and such that aren't tight to the skin - haven't see any of those previewed yet! Without their own models these items look kinda strange
  • Over the top rich people outfits. Giant fur coats, tuxedos and the like.
  • Mechanics jumpsuits?
  • Secret service uniforms perhaps. Could suggest government cover-ups.
  • Sequin tuxedos, yes please.

That's all I could think of for now, long enough list for one person anyway! Hope some of this helps :)

Edited by TheWalrusNet

Gas masks like Hunk from resident evil wears would be cool!

Some black special ops clothing maybe.

Long coats like in matrix!

A t-shirt with the Indie Stone logo with different colors :D

Gooo Indie Stone! 

also sunglases :)

Edited by josko_91

-- Denim Jackets and vests, I know someone said leather jackets which I also would be very happy to have, but denim jackets are just as important and fitting for the time.

-- Parachute pants ... just because you can.

-- Properly wearable fanny packs.

-- Bandannas. Head and neck scarves. Shirts with skulls and american flags. Wearable sunglasses. Make it so I can put together a proper Thelma and Louise cosplay.

-- Cute aprons, a couple different ones to pick from

-- Fingerless gloves, as well as mittens and biker gloves.

-- Emphasis on the aforementioned flannel before me. Gotta have flannel.

-- Fishnet Shirt / Stockings

-- Black robes with hoods, for summoning the dark lord.

-- You might want to put some focus into a bit of fashion that was popular in the 80's as well. Let google be your guide for 80's style casual clothes.

If possible, I'd also like to see like.. a wildman get-up. Even if you have to craft this for yourself later in game. Animal skin pants / shirts (leather or fur). Freaky headdresses made out of skulls, or antlers, or angry wolf/coyote/cougar/bear faces. That'd be radical.

Stare deep into this image and feel the 90's inspiration.

90s-fashion.jpg

Just as important as clothes, I want to say I really hope to see a variety of added skin tones, perhaps a variety of additional hair colors, but also really hoping to see different body types. Let me have a lady with a flat chest, a scrawnier looking guy, or at the very least have it so overweight / obese flaws show on the sprite rather than looking exactly the same as someone built like a professional athlete.

Edited by Nisora

On 3/17/2019 at 5:38 AM, RobertJohnson said:

We have a lot of different camo stuff (including hats), orange vest are coming too :)

Bear in mind we didn't show all the outfit (i have currently 75 male outfits & 64 female :D) and a lot of your suggestions are in! Keep 'em coming tho, there's some wonderfull ideas in there, most of them added to the pipe or has been done!

75 male outfits & 64 female

^ please, please please please please make as many of these outfits unisex as possible.