PZ Community New Outfit Thinktank

Batsphinx

Following on from the question about whether we have a doctor's coat in the new system in the Thursdoid news piece (which we do, as seen below) here's a thread for community suggestions for the new clothing and outfit system.

If you guys want to brainstorm other clothing we should have then feel free.

Martin has probably got most of them covered, but it would be a good community exercise and a handy way of telling what's fallen through the cracks.

Remember: 90s, Kentucky, zombie outbreak etc.

Cortman.jpg

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Here's what we have currently: Doctor Cortman at your service.

If you guys want to brainstorm other outfits we should have then feel free. Martin has probably got most of them covered, but it would be a good community exercise and a handy way of telling what's fallen through the cracks.

Heeled shoes and high heel shoes would also be a nice addition. Several dresses, crop tops, short skirts, leather jacket/pants, motor bike helmets, kevlar helmets, visible makeup, makeup that changes facial colors (eyes,lips,face), hair dyes, comb to change hair style, and I could go on and on. 

Edited by geronimo553

12 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

If you guys want to brainstorm other outfits we should have then feel free. Martin has probably got most of them covered, but it would be a good community exercise and a handy way of telling what's fallen through the cracks.

Thinking about some types of clothing shown in the list below.

- Paramedic uniform,

- Boonie hat (military and civilian variants)

- Military Beret

- Church Priest uniform

- Religious Cross necklace

- Combat helmet

- Ghillie suit

- Hoodies

- Coats for different seasons such as winter coats and rain coats

- Combat medics outfit including the helmet

- Doctors face mask

Edited by Tails
more clothing items changed to the list format.

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Here's what we have currently: Doctor Cortman at your service.

Cortman.jpg

1. Gimp suit - for when the zombie apocalypse doesn't make you horny enough

2. Gas mask - wouldn't be a viral outbreak without some HAZMAT style facewear. 

3. Period appropriate clothes - it's 1993. I wanna see some Pearl Jam T-shirts and Doc Martens. 

4. Poncho - because you've got the crossbow, the motorcycle, and the fangirls. Now all you need is a piece of fashionable Navajo outerwear. Or maybe it's just raining. 

5. Horse mask - sure, it predates the meme by ten years, but this is Kentucky we're talking about. 

6. Sportswear - Go Wildcats! Or Cardinals! Or whatever.

7. Duster - what apocalypse would be complete without a badass longcoat? 

8. Overalls - for the redneck inside all of us. 

9.  Jean jacket - what if we made pants for our chest and arms? 

10. Zombie skin suit - you know why. 

3 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Trench coat, leather biker jackets (sleeveless, sleeved), ponchos, cargo pants, skirt variations, jean shorts. Off the top of my head those would be nice. :P

All but poncho (not sure we'll do this one tho :D) already in! :)

@Brex:

1. Meh.

2. In!

3. We can't have trademark like this, but could add some decals to simulate rock band easily!

4. Not sure this was so common there.. :D

5. Meh :D

6. Done! We have several sports outfits in there (baseball, football, golf, generic fitness, sweatband..)

7. Nice idea!

8. Got them! (altho they're called Dungarees or something iirc :p)

9. Done!

10. Meeeeeeeh :D

Also guys, don't hesitate to suggest outfits (a golfer, a tourist, a fitness trainer, policeman, inmate, fancy people, waiter, pharmacist, biker, redneck, army, chef, cook, cyclist, farmer.. All of this are example of what's in currently)

Also if you have ideas for existing specific places please tell me! (like currently restaurant have a chance to spawn waiter, cook/chef in the kitchen, prison is full of inmate/prison guard, golf with golfer, car repair shop with mechanics...)

makeup that changes facial colors (eyes,lips,face), hair dyes, comb to change hair style, and I could go on and on

Also coud make beard and hair grow

More importantly, making possible to protect ourselves temporarily from zombies with magazines duct taped to our arms and legs like in World War Z and of course leather jacket as mentionned before but not only for design also to protect us.

Oh and clothes with pockets which can be used to carry more objects and get them in hands faster like a holster for example, and bumbags, very trendy in 90's :)

Edited by Axezombie

41 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Awesome! Can't think of more of the top of my head, seems you guys are well on top of it. 

What about damaged/tattered clothes though? Especially on zombies or if you're scratched/bitten. Just a quick thought. :D

50 minutes ago, Icy Motto said:

Oh yeah, speaking of clothing... is "armor" allowed or is that a completely different feature to be added later? Like someome said, makeshift shin guards or arm guards and whatever. Will there be military bullet vests for example? Stuff like that.

We have some armor (bullet vest is in) but currently not adding any armor whatsoever, that's something planned tho, idk when :D

21 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

Awesome! Can't think of more of the top of my head, seems you guys are well on top of it. 

What about damaged/tattered clothes though? Especially on zombies or if you're scratched/bitten. Just a quick thought. :D

Currently we have bloods splat on you/zombies, but they're not tied to the clothing, i'll add this later on, damaged may be tough to do, but we planned on having clothes desaturing over time (& then you could wash them to get them clean for example)

This is a bit of a blind shot since you have shown only bits and pieces so I literally have no clue if you've already included this

Tanker's Helmet (CVC Helmet)

As you already know, Fort Knox was used as the US Army's Armor School circa 1993. There would be more than a few lying around. 

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Boonie Hat

They do really pull a reconnaissance outfit together. I'd actually expect more people to wear these as snipers rather than full ghillie. 

US-Woodland-Boonie-Hat-221117.JPG

Military Dress Uniform

Who says you cant be martial AND refined? A lot of barracks would have these inside of Knox.

big-u-us-army-class-a-enlisted-green-uni

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

@Brex:

1. Meh.

2. In!

3. We can't have trademark like this, but could add some decals to simulate rock band easily!

4. Not sure this was so common there.. :D

5. Meh :D

6. Done! We have several sports outfits in there (baseball, football, golf, generic fitness, sweatband..)

7. Nice idea!

8. Got them! (altho they're called Dungarees or something iirc :p)

9. Done!

10. Meeeeeeeh :D

Also guys, don't hesitate to suggest outfits (a golfer, a tourist, a fitness trainer, policeman, inmate, fancy people, waiter, pharmacist, biker, redneck, army, chef, cook, cyclist, farmer.. All of this are example of what's in currently)

Also if you have ideas for existing specific places please tell me! (like currently restaurant have a chance to spawn waiter, cook/chef in the kitchen, prison is full of inmate/prison guard, golf with golfer, car repair shop with mechanics...)

Quick caveat to all this: outfits that we have 'done' won't necessarily be in the next version. If they suit a future location better, they'll be kept back.

Flannels, torn jeans and torn shirts. Big stompy boots. All things grunge. Also summer clothing would be good. Dudes don't have shorts at the moment.

That being said, keep everything looking the same be it on men or women. Please don't do that Fallout 3/NV thing where one outfit looks one way on ladies but differently on males. It's kinda bad and doesn't make sense.

Visibility vest, hardhat (construction worker?)

Security guard (however a typical security guard looks over there..)

Hazmat suit?

Also as far as I can tell zombies are always fully clothed, I think some of them could be at least shirtless (missing their pants might look a little silly though :D )

Edited by crossed

industrial protection suits are usually used in factories that work with special products or also with workers in the sewers, see a variety of antigas masks would be a dream come true ,.

certainly something would be interesting to see firefighters with all the equipment to put out fires, inclyendo the masks and the oxygen tank surely several would be in the work of attending the fires in the villages when the chaos was unleashed.

chemical-protective-clothing-light-duty-

b8a.jpg

I think that hawiian shirts for tourist outfits would make a great addition for this, tank tops underneath them for that added greasy effect. Hawiian shirts and old army surplus could be slick to see in as most thrift shops usually contain them for the most part, so do collectors and surplus stores.

American Flag Shirts, Shorts, anything that is related or mentions the 4th of July, since the outbreak starts a little while afterwards of the Freedom Loving Holiday.

Like a knock-off of the US Flag T-Shirt Old Navy does.  Also some shirts that are branded with knock-off versions of IRL Companies or Bands, For Example, you could make a T-Shirt using the fictional car company 'Dash' or 'Chevalier' in Project Zomboid.  Maybe some Knock-Off Nirvana or Red Hot Chili Peppers Shirts, since those bands were quite popular in the 90's.  Could also do some Sports related Clothing, like American Football Jerseys and Basketball Jerseys, Varsity Jackets would be cool as well to find inside Schools or Neighborhoods around a School. For Hats i'd say we need some Winter Hats and Accessories, Like Beanies,Ushankas, Winter Gloves, Insulated Boots, Etc.

I'd also like to see outfits based on every Career in game, with the option to start out in Career related clothing or 'Normal' Clothing.

For Example, Burger Flipper can start in a Spiffo's Polo Shirt with a Visor, all in the color scheme of the restaurant, Emergency Services wearing their uniforms, Veterans have the option to start in Fatigues, Etc.  Some Jobs overlap each other uniform wise, as MetalWorkers and Car Mechanics both wear Flame Retardant Jumpsuits while working, this can ease the work on you guys as you don't have to do a brand new outfit for every career.

1. Gas mask varient of the hazmat suit

2.Turtle neck sweater.

3.one of those biker helmets with the point at the top.

4. Bell bottoms. My wife would love to put these on her character she big into hippie stuff lol

5. Flower power stuff. And I know it isn’t in the exact 90s but there are still people who wear it but it could be a rare clothing set of anything.

6. Foot Ball uniform helmet and all-probably already gonna be In but jut I’m case lol

7. Traffic cop with reflector vest

8. Construction worker with reflector vest

I hope y’all like these and just wanna day again great work indie stone you all are awesome! Keep up the great work!

Edited by sniperman1109