Running Zombies - More Zombie speed presets

Budgiefalco

The feelings from the old Zomboid never gets to me anymore. The map is huge, there is always somewhere to run to and live in solitude. And when the zombies do arrive, they are easily out-runned.

I've tried to mix and match sandbox settings to make a difficulty preset that keeps me on the edge of my seat. The main thing I'm missing in my balancing is fast zombies.

We already have the choice between the standard "fast shamblers", and "sprinters". But for me, "fast shamblers" are too easily out-runned. On the other hand "sprinters" are so fast that you are essentially doomed from the start.

I would very much like a preset in the middle-ground between fast shamblers and sprinters; a running speed.

The speed of the zombies have not changed since the old small map of zomboid. But the map-size has! This does in my mind induce a clear imbalance that I believe has been overlooked.
I would even go as far as to propose that the standard zombie speed in the survival/harcore mode be changed to accommodate this. That is one step in the right direction to make you feel a bit more helpless, in a world that I personally find too easy and void of danger.

An alternative is to have a more mixed group of zombies with different run-speeds in the same game.

Edited by Budgiefalco

I would like to be able to have a mix of shamblers, fast shamblers, sprinters (and, perhaps these runners) and crawlers. That is, I would like to have 4 or 5 different zeds based on speed, and be able to set the percentage of each. For example:

Shamblers: 40%

Fast Shamblers: 30%

Runners: 20%

Sprinters: 5%

Crawlers: 5%

It would be cool to have the same for the other lore settings, so you could always get really unlucky and run onto a group of sprinting, bloodhound, eagle eyed, genius, strong, tough zeds without having to set it so that they are all like that. 

Edited by grammarsalad

1 hour ago, grammarsalad said:

I would like to be able to have a mix of shamblers, fast shamblers, sprinters (and, perhaps these runners) and crawlers. That is, I would like to have 4 or 5 different zeds based on speed, and be able to set the percentage of each. For example:

Shamblers: 40%

Fast Shamblers: 30%

Runners: 20%

Sprinters: 5%

Crawlers: 5%

It would be cool to have the same for the other lore settings, so you could always get really unlucky and run onto a group of sprinting, bloodhound, eagle eyed, genius, strong, tough zeds without having to set it so that they are all like that. 

I love that idea. It really would add some fun by making the zombies more diverse and less predictable.

Edited by Budgiefalco