Improved Controllers Build: Ongoing Player Reports

Batsphinx

On 2/17/2021 at 2:54 AM, MortalhasPT said:

Hello. I was trying to play with a friend in shareplay as i did before but now the game just dont add the second player i pressed A in my case and tried to click with the mouse but no thing hapens. Sorry for bad english 

Having the same issue.

Tried both big picture, and without.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:54 AM, MortalhasPT said:

Hello. I was trying to play with a friend in shareplay as i did before but now the game just dont add the second player i pressed A in my case and tried to click with the mouse but no thing hapens. Sorry for bad english 

Some work was done with controller actions in-game recently, so that might have messed with any older saves. Does it work now? 

On 3/22/2021 at 12:58 PM, Pandorea said:

Was this on an older save or a new one? What controller is it? 

I tried a lot of different saves, including making new ones, ofcourse.. I was playing splitscreen just fine yesterday, and then the next day i suddenly had this problem. 

I was told in Another thread to reset my controller settings by deleting the file containing the control-scheme (ofcourse backing it up first if that dont work).

Ill let yall know what Happens later

EDIT: i tried both a ps3 and ps4 controller, both har the same problem.

Havent gotten to testing yet, been a bit busy. Will write as soon as ive made progress

Edited by pizzaost

No luck, unfortunately :(

I was told to delete they Joypads & Lua folders under
C:\Users\Username\Zomboid (back it up).

So i did, booted up a new game, remote play, but it still didnt work.

How recent was the changes to controller-actions in game?

14 hours ago, pizzaost said:

No luck, unfortunately :(

I was told to delete they Joypads & Lua folders under
C:\Users\Username\Zomboid (back it up).

So i did, booted up a new game, remote play, but it still didnt work.

How recent was the changes to controller-actions in game?

Good point! Those changes are not in the public build yet, I don't think (sorry about this spread of fake news! :( 

Does your controller work when you attempt a single-player game? Does it work with other games? Are controller drivers up-to-date?

• nasKo unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes I figured that I've been lost searching for a solution to remap certain controller radials and I partially achieve what I wanted with steam controller preferences, making a template with remapped butons. It was not too bad but I went back to mouse and keyboard.

34 minutes ago, KeanuRaves said:

yes I figured that I've been lost searching for a solution to remap certain controller radials and I partially achieve what I wanted with steam controller preferences, making a template with remapped butons. It was not too bad but I went back to mouse and keyboard.

Note that, even though the branch is no longer active (all work has been merged with the current beta), the work is still being done to improve playability with (any) controller. So if you do have problems or suggestions - do post them! We do try to read and process all info that comes our way :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I started on steam deck and found the controller support actually better than mouse keyboard in some aspects (eg: inventory side-by-side). Great work, all!

One thing I really miss is the ability to "look ahead" while aiming (I think this is called "pan while aiming" in settings). This doesn't appear to work in controller mode, but would be great if it did, especially with the smaller screen of the steam deck meaning you're usually playing at 150% zoom or so.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 12:51 PM, Eric M said:

One thing I really miss is the ability to "look ahead" while aiming (I think this is called "pan while aiming" in settings). This doesn't appear to work in controller mode, but would be great if it did, especially with the smaller screen of the steam deck meaning you're usually playing at 150% zoom or so.

This works on PC with an Xbox controller. Hold right bumper and move the right stick.

Edited by AngriBuddhist