Starting a car

Question

Hi all,

So there's something I always wondered about starting cars. My car's got a full battery in perfect condition but it takes sometimes a dozen tries to start it. Is it normal? It doesn't make sense does it?

4 answers to this question

The chance to start the car also depends on the engine condition and Engine Quality. Which you cannot increase as far as I know. You can check the quality when you click on the engine. The higher the quality the better.

Since it's a car I spawned with a command which I then fixed up to 100% with admin powers I don't know how to get any better engine quality and tbh I even fail to see the difference between my brand new car and a 25% condition fixer upper from a congestion..

Update : Engine quality is 97

Edited by Moss7

5 hours ago, Moss7 said:

Since it's a car I spawned with a command

Doesn't matter. You spawn a car with a pretty random stats. It could be a car with a 10 Q engine. Or 120 Q engine. You can't change car's engine stats. Just keep deleting and spawning until you'll get a decent one.

10 hours ago, Moss7 said:

it takes sometimes a dozen tries to start it

Pay attention to a temperature stat. If engine is cool, especially in winter, it will require you to make a couple more attempts.

Also, I've noticed that sports cars usually more cranky than heavy-duty ones and usually takes a little bit more attempts to start.

Edited by Enoahe

2 hours ago, Enoahe said:

If engine is cool, especially in winter, it will require you to make a couple more attempts.

Oh I did not know that. In my game however it's the heart of summer.

2 hours ago, Enoahe said:

Just keep deleting and spawning until you'll get a decent one.

That's what I did until I got one with quality 104 engine quality. What's the top quality we can get for a Franklin all-terrain (if it's brand/model-related) ?