Creative Mode and the Future of Mapping

Irishboy

About 3 years ago I figured out how to make a pretty cool map. It took a boatload of work to figure out, but I got it done. Then I realized I'd have to populate the maps with buildings. That's when creative mode was coming.

Came and went, unfortunately. Cars became the priority, then animations. All fine, of course, but what I really want to do is create some exciting new maps. It's clear the designers developed some tools that were capable of creating maps super fast, but due to compatibility issues and future dev design it was scrapped.

Will this ever come back? Bluntly, I found the mapping tools completely difficult and non-intuitive back in the day. I wouldn't want to revisit them. 

Indy Stone, please let me know if this is something you plan to bring back and when. I'd love to do some mapping.

Thanks,

Irishboy

Thank you, nasKo. I'm happy to hear it's still on the list of things you want to see developed.

I'll just keep holding off on map development until the tools are more intuitive. But trust me, when they're done I'd love to create many real-world, non-scale maps as I was doing for the US.