About to buy, but...

axillarypuma

I'd hold off a while, we'll be on Steam soon and when we do we're launching with a demo you'll be able to test. Shortly after that we'll be making big changes to the engine that should allow it to run better on lower end PCs. In the meantime you're certainly in the danger zone and couldn't recommend it as of the current build in testing, though this will hopefully change.

Oh definitely not, what Lemmy meant was that when we get on steam we will also have an up-to-date demo available on both platforms. Currently, the demo on Desura is VERY old, so the new demo is needed to get an accurate test of PZ on your computer. If it runs, both Desura and Steam could be used for purchasing :)

It may be a bit more than that, depending on how Steam does currencies. It's a fantastic game (easy for me to say as a mod =P), but as Lemmy said you might not be able to run it for a bit.

I don't know if you know, but Steam can exchange currencies, to make a game as expensive in europe as in NA.

The best and possibly only example is Natural Selection 2.

Buy it before the price goes up. Then if you don't like it / can't play it, you've only lost a few quid and you could always try again with a new system.

So if he doesnt like it we get to sacrifice him to the dragon lords right?

Welcome new player, I hope your journeys in kentucky are long and prosperous :D

It may be a bit more than that, depending on how Steam does currencies. It's a fantastic game (easy for me to say as a mod =P), but as Lemmy said you might not be able to run it for a bit.

I don't know if you know, but Steam can exchange currencies, to make a game as expensive in europe as in NA.

The best and possibly only example is Natural Selection 2.

currencies, yes - they always jumble with the prices. they convert them 1:1 to europe :cry:

In the case of Project Zomboid, just buy on Desura for the Steam Key, to avoid the price jumbling. I'm not sure how Desura works with international purchases though. I'm too lazy to go see. Just as a disclaimer, you know.

Not sure why everyone always assumes Valve choose the prices of games in different regions. :P

good point. as i imagine, every game price for europe / german titels is higher than for the most other nations.

For example:

a game for 19.99 $ (us) is about 14.82 € or 12,55 £ (gb) - but every game will be out for 19.99 € or 19.99 £.

on most other game-hubs (e.g. humble-bundle) i'm able to pay in $ with paypal without any "unknown costs". so if there is no mechanism from steam who forces this, there must be arrangements between all the publishers (like a cartel).

often, games in germany are even more expensive, partly in may be based in the difference of the spending capacity, but the other part of it must be greed, that simple :o thats one of the reasons i dont buy many games on steam directly, i simply decided to let globalization work in my favor and buy in keyshops in dollar ;)