How to use the "Heat" event on recipes?

Rodjah

Greetings! I'm trying to use for modding a cooking recipe similar to the "Disinfect Bandage" like the way of using an item while is hot to craft another, but I can't find the script or code related in the media file to the whole heat system. Is it controled by some Lua code or some item script? I think that the logical way that the heat value works is only because of the WaterSource items like FullKettle or WatterPot. I mean I´ve tried something like a stone for frying an egg for example:

recipe Fry egg On Stone
    {
        Stone,
        Egg/WildEgg,
        Salt;1,

Result:FriedEgg,
        Time:50.0,
        Heat:-0.22,
        Category:Cooking,
    }
The recipe won't happen because there is no base item to be heated, also how does the scale of the heat value works, it's just setting Heat:-0.22? . 

Thanks!

Ah yes, one of my implementations and kind of a cheat. It's kind of a solution to a problem that didn't really exist as it turned out. My recollection is foggy but if I remember correctly, when you place an item into an oven or fire or something over time the icon gets more red to indicate that it is heating up, once the item is at the -0.22 heat value (+1 is frozen) then the recipe could be crafted. I believe it's at -0.22 because that's as low as camp fires can heat an item I think? Ovens can go to -1 depending on the temperature.

1 hour ago, Connall said:

Ah yes, one of my implementations and kind of a cheat. It's kind of a solution to a problem that didn't really exist as it turned out. My recollection is foggy but if I remember correctly, when you place an item into an oven or fire or something over time the icon gets more red to indicate that it is heating up, once the item is at the -0.22 heat value (+1 is frozen) then the recipe could be crafted. I believe it's at -0.22 because that's as low as camp fires can heat an item I think? Ovens can go to -1 depending on the temperature.

Mhh... I see, I know that the item must be "IsCookable=TRUE" for heating up like happen on the "Disinfect Bandage" where the WaterPot is the base heating item, but If I want to use the "Fry Egg On Stone " recipe the stone won´t be heated cuz it doesn´t have the "IsCookable" value and the Egg despite it "IsCookable" nothing seems to happen, I mean is the heat variable depending to the WaterSource for make the recipe work?

Thanks for replying!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i think "heat" is the variable for the watersource.

You can try to make a special "flat frying Stone"

item FryingStone
    {
        IsWaterSource    =    FALSE,
        Weight    =    1,
        CanStoreWater    =    FALSE,
        Type    =    Drainable,
        UseWhileEquipped    =    FALSE,
        UseDelta    =    1,
        DisplayName    =    frying Stone,
        ReplaceOnDeplete    =    FryingStone,
        ReplaceOnUseOn    =    WaterSource-FryingStone,