More guns

andreslucero

So Im saying we should add MOAR guns! I know maybe this is already in the commonly asked list, but here it goes!

PISTOLS:

-Mark II .45 (Colt 1911 IRL) UNCOMMON

?: More powerful and accurate than the 9mm pistol, but more noisy and firing rate is slower. Uncommon .45 ammunition.

-Magnum (Colt Phyton IRL) RARE

?: VERY powerful, nice accuracy, a SHITTON of noise and slow firng rate. Uses rare .357 ammunition

-Tactical Pistol (FN Five Seven with a suppressor) SO RARE DIAMONDS IN MINERCRAFT ARE LAME

?: A bit less powerful than the 9mm, but it has very good accuracy and noise range is 1 meter. Uses rare 5.7mm ammunition.

SUBMACHINEGUNS:

-Light SMG (H&K MP5 IRL) RARE

?: Weak power and poor accuracy, but high firing rate, low-medium noise and uses 9mm ammunition.

-Military SMG (FN P90 IRL) RARE

?: A bit less power than the 9mm pistol, normal accuracy, high firing rate, and medium noise. Uses 5.7mm rounds.

-Spec Ops SMG (AAC Honey Badger IRL) OMFG DIS IS AS RARE AS A FLYING CAT SHOOTING RAINBOWS BREAKING SPACE-TIME CONTINUITY

?: End game gun, uses very rare 7.62x35mm rounds which are basically 1 shot kill, very good accuracy, noise range is one meter and high firing rate. I know this gun is OP but it wont be till an IG month until you find ammo, and lets not talk of the gun itself (0.01 chance of spawning in crates)

SHOTGUNS:

-Semi automatic shotgun (M1014 IRL) As rare as the Tactical Pistol

?: Its just a shotgun with a huge firing rate

ASSAULT RIFLES:

-4M Assault Rifle (M4A1 IRL) VERY RARE

?: Powerful, accurate and fast firing speed but its pretty noisy :P. Uses very rare 5.56mm rounds.

-Motherland Defender (AKM IRL) VERY FUCKING RARE

?: Very powerful, bad accuracy, fast firing rate and a lot of noise. Uses rare 7.62x39mm rounds.

Supporting evidence:

-The state of kentucky allows the purchase and use of shotguns, rifles and handguns. Not to mension the soldiers that died + illegal guns.

-Suppressors ARE legal in Kentucky.

-The game takes place 2 weeks-1 month after the apocalypse, which means not all rare guns are looted already.

Lets just hope people dont make some sort of HoneyBadgerScan mod :P

Commonly Suggested Suggestions [Read before posting]

The Big No's!

These are a list of things that are either vehemently opposed by the majority of the community, confirmed "no's" by the dev team, or impossible within the game as it is. I'm going to try to make this completely unbiased, but if you disagree with anything posted feel free to mention it.

[n]    Overpowered weapons/specific firearms
[n]    Specific named weapons (such as AK47, M14, etc.)

specific firearms

specific firearms

specific firearms

specific firearms

I can only assume you didn't read the commonly suggested suggestions before posting, as it has been mentioned many times before by the Devs that there will not, and never be, specifically named/branded weapons in the vanilla game.

Thats why they have different names, the part that says for example (M4A1 IRL) mean M4A1 In Real Life! If these were to be added they would use the name I gave them (Like "Tactical pistol")

And I did read it before suggesting

It's also been mentioned that there won't be different types of ammo (as in mm size), just weapon type - so all shotguns would use shotgun shells, all pistols use pistol ammo, extrapolated to all smgs and/or assault rifles using a standard ammo if they were introduced.

Although I get the feeling (I'm not certain this has been formally announced anywhere, though it may have been at some point) there won't be more than one of each gun type - so just a pistol, no tactical pistol - perhaps a pistol with a silencer on it (I think silencers are a maybe in the vanilla game), but that's still just a pistol under it all.

I guess you also read the part in the commonly suggested suggestions about overpowered weapons, or end-game guns being a big no no?

I mean, not to bash on you or anything, but on the old forums guns, gun types, gun ammo types, futuristic weapons, and exclusive military weapons were all suggested over and over, thus the (likely) reason the Devs have said no to all of it.

It doesn't 'add' anything to the gameplay of the game (besides making it a stats/numbers game in combat), and end up requiring more complex combat mechanics.

It's all good and well coming up with detailed stats and ideas for various weaponry, but you might be better posting it in the Mod suggestions, where it is more likely a modder will pick it up to implement as a 'more guns' mod.

I don't think there should be specific names for guns other than "Shotgun" or "Pistol" or "Rifle", but I do think we should get some more variety in guns and the addition of suppressors to make them worth using.  

Also,  bows and crossbows are something I really want to see, with bows being extremely quiet but not as accurate/long range as a crossbow, and crossbows being a bit noisier, but both being able to recover arrows.

These are relatively small towns in America. People have shotguns and pistols yes but with no military prescence, sub machine guns and assault rifles are most likely non-existent. You might find some semi-automatic variants here and there but most likely not much. Granted if they added some for when the time comes when you can make/edit maps, having an option for maybe a generalized variant (pistol, shotgun, sub-machine gun, assault rifle, hunting rifle, etc) would be nice. Currently the only one I think missing is a hunting rifle (following realistic approach to current game location)

These are relatively small towns in America. People have shotguns and pistols yes but with no military prescence, sub machine guns and assault rifles are most likely non-existent. You might find some semi-automatic variants here and there but most likely not much. Granted if they added some for when the time comes when you can make/edit maps, having an option for maybe a generalized variant (pistol, shotgun, sub-machine gun, assault rifle, hunting rifle, etc) would be nice. Currently the only one I think missing is a hunting rifle (following realistic approach to current game location)

Muldraugh is just up the road from a military base, but you're right in general.

Devs have indeed said they don't want more than one of any specific type of gun.

It's even fairly plausible for all of them (except shotguns) to use the same caliber bullet. NATO .223's are used in pretty much any style firearm nowadays (from pistols on up to assault rifles), although it's still not a real common caliber.

Muldraugh is just up the road from a military base, but you're right in general.

Ah is it? I suppose that opens some doors if they wanted

HAHAHA :D 

KCR 

WE ARE FAMILY FRIENDLY
Nothing brings families together like blowing stuff apart... Safely.

To the topic:

Too many different guns are in my opinion not that good anyway. I like variety , but i dont want PZ to become a game where you just look for better guns. In my opinion a team with a hunting rifle from an old villa, a military rifle found in an overrun evaq zone and some standart guns from a gun store is much more "Zombie-feeling" than a group of survivors with high-end standart military rifles/Snipers/Mgs and probably a bazooka too. So more variety ? Yes, and its already planned ! Everything from an 9mm Pistol to a 99.726mm Gatling gun? No, more like for every kind of weapon 2-3 ! :D

For more guns, especialy for the Pistol and may the semi-Auto rifles is some kind of a Silencer a must, not a high ended one, a realistic one like a plastic bottle filled with a shirt or anything like this. 

Is a shirt stuffed in a plastic bottle really a realistic silencer? I honestly don't know. Just asking. :-D

For more guns, especialy for the Pistol and may the semi-Auto rifles is some kind of a Silencer a must, not a high ended one, a realistic one like a plastic bottle filled with a shirt or anything like this. 

Is a shirt stuffed in a plastic bottle really a realistic silencer? I honestly don't know. Just asking. :-D

I'll give you 2 guesses and a hint: The answer is 'no.'

I think you could make one with a bottle stuffed with socks. Or something like this:

82ac5e6a-3921-11e3-8e0c-652c0a1d980e.jpg

In the U.S., there are more than 60 firearms per 100 individuals (on average). There should be more guns to be found on the bodies of walkers and in the houses. Also, I feel that there should be specific firearms, as half of this game revolves around realistic gameplay. If the devs can't do this, than I will be somewhat disappointed as a fan.

You don't need to be dissappointed! You can use a mod! Also there has to be some sort of balance between fun and realism and the devs have chosen that simpler in this case is more playable or fun. In some sense it would be more fun that you'd have to try and find the right bullets for the weapon etc., but in the end I think it might go more into the annoying side for me personally.

EDIT: also welcome to the forums! :)

In the U.S., there are more than 60 firearms per 100 individuals (on average).

This figure includes guns owned by private collectors and larger entities in massive quantities, as well as those sitting in warehouses/stores. You're probably not going to find a gun at 60% of houses in America.

I think in the future we'll likely have a pistol, a revolver, a shotgun, a hunting rifle, and possibly some kind of assault rifle (not an automatic). Crossbows and bows possibly as well, but I doubt we'll be seeing much more than that.

I can imagine having a full-auto or burst fire Military Assault rifle due to military presence, but the thing would be a fucking dinner bell. It would be fun to go out in a blaze of glory with it though.

Plus full-auto rifles can go through thousands of bullets a minute. Good luck finding enough to make that worth while XD

Which is why you control your fire. But yeah, even still, the bullets would be rare, and rightly so. The only decent source of them would probably be military encampments, and patrols. Of course if the patrols are alive, you have to fight for it.

I think sock-bottle silencers would be a great anti-suggestion though.

Silencers are more meant to help conceal the position of the firearm as opposed to muffling the sound. So if they do get implemented, it would be more realistic for the zombies to come ambling into the general area as opposed to converging on your location. You're still attracting a whole heck of a lot of attention, but it's not as focused on your position as it is making the local area a fair bit more dangerous.

In the U.S., there are more than 60 firearms per 100 individuals (on average). There should be more guns to be found on the bodies of walkers and in the houses. Also, I feel that there should be specific firearms, as half of this game revolves around realistic gameplay. If the devs can't do this, than I will be somewhat disappointed as a fan.

This is one of those "Game Play and Story Segregation" elements. Sure we know that there's a staggering variety of guns in Kentucky, but that doesn't make it any easier on the dev team to include more kinds of guns purely for the sake of more kinds of guns. It just makes things too complicated without adding that much in the way of fun. Not much difference between a 22. revolver and a 9mm handgun. One of them is more powerful sure, but they're both equally capable firearms when it comes to punching a hole in the brain case to kill a zed.

Plus full-auto rifles can go through thousands of bullets a minute. Good luck finding enough to make that worth while XD

Any assault rifle that would be added in the game would probably only be useful to have if it was a semi-automatic. Sure, a full auto weapon is a great weapon if you're looking to strike fear in the hearts of your enemies by throwing a quick barrage of hot lead in their direction. But the situations in Project Zomboid need accuracy over sheer stopping power.