New food combinations?

k12314

Wikipedia: "Very much like the tartar sauce of some English-speaking cultures".

Isn't tartar used in the U.S.? As in Sweden also in Finland it's pretty common with fish to have tartar sauce with it or on top of a bread.

Tartar is used, yes, as is remoulde. But again, it's more of a "restaurant condiment" rather than something in everyone's home. Just a detail to touch up when the devs have the chance.

No, here in Australia tartar sauce is quite common in homes, heck I don't think I have even seen it in a restaurant apart from fish n chip shops.

Yeah, Australia. Neither remoulade or tartar are household condiments in the US. Most people only have things like relish, mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc. Tartar and remoualde are nearly 100% exclusive to restaurants. Still there are probably a few people out there with bottles of the stuff in their house, but that's really rare.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still trying to find out how to make a salad... im guessing you need an empty bowl tho,

Yes you do. You get a bowl back after eating it. There are different types of salad to. 

Doh. That's why fricken bowls keep appearing in my inventory. I reported it as a bug the other night.

I assume you just thought you ate the bowl with the salad? MMMM ROUGHAGE.

I hope they implement the option of eating non-food items at some point, so that you can chance it in desperation. Maybe some stuff that you'd get minimal benefits from, just to keep you from dying, but high risk of becoming ill. I guess the dead rats are already sort of a bridge to that notion, although I'm yet to eat one, so I'm not entirely sure of the exact effects. I can say that I found a "rotten uncooked dead rat" in a container the other night. Just the connotations of that item title are pretty wonderful.

I hope they implement the option of eating non-food items at some point, so that you can chance it in desperation. Maybe some stuff that you'd get minimal benefits from, just to keep you from dying, but high risk of becoming ill. I guess the dead rats are already sort of a bridge to that notion, although I'm yet to eat one, so I'm not entirely sure of the exact effects. I can say that I found a "rotten uncooked dead rat" in a container the other night. Just the connotations of that item title are pretty wonderful.

Can you imagine being able to eat empty cereal boxes and napkins and tissues? Stuff like paper and cardboard fill your stomach and get rid of hunger pains for a bit but don't give you nutrients obviously.

They ate wood on an episode of Dual Survival once. If I'm remembering correctly it has to be living, and only the wet part you hit when you peal back the bark and the first layer of dry stuff. You can totally eat things like grass too. Not sure what, if any nutritional value it'd have, but I'm sure you could do it if you were starving to death and it would have some kind of effect.

Drop a bowl, a kitchen knife, and one of every kind of vegetable you have into your inventory, and do some right clicking to see if any of them give you the option. If you manage it, you'll be able to figure out what it was by seeing what disappeared out of your inventory when you made it.

Done that.  Nothing.  Tried an empty bowl, tried a bowl with water, tried with cabbage, radishes, carrots, potatoes, grapes, apples, mayo, romulan ale, nothing.  Even tried with salmon, chicken and steak, both cooked and not, still nothing.

Can you imagine being able to eat empty cereal boxes and napkins and tissues? Stuff like paper and cardboard fill your stomach and get rid of hunger pains for a bit but don't give you nutrients obviously.

lol

lol

Lol? It is pretty realistic for stuff like this to happen in severe famine struck countries. 

lol

Lol? It is pretty realistic for stuff like this to happen in severe famine struck countries. 

Fun fact! Lots of super models (at least American ones) eat things like tissues to fill their stomach to ward off hunger pains caused by their diets. When I learned that I immediately thought "You should be able to do that in Project Zomboid."

In fact, the salads/remoulade thingy was something added by Thuztor for the farming mod, tho it was buggy, I decided to take 10min to add them :)

So... If remoulade doesn't really exist in Kentucky, we may remove it, something can confirm, to be sure ?

It's pretty well known in Europe tho.

For those who don't know, you have new recipes, potatoe salads (with or without bacon), with a bowl, cabbage and another vegetable you can start to make salad (boring, tasty....).

I live in Louisville and while I know what remoulade is, I have NEVER seen a bottle of it other then what a friend of mine, a chef, makes at home.

Need to update the wiki recipes!!!!

I got it =) for a salad you need an empty bowl, kitchen knife, cabbage and then any of red radish, tomato, potato, broccoli, blooming broccoli, peas, carrots, open tin beans, open tuna, eggplant and leak.

I can't figure out how to update the wiki .. can you add this there?